blizzard

~*~

Mike drove over to El's job rather quickly, only for that to be entirely pointless as he stayed glued to the driver's seat, contemplating even more than he had before he left school.

He stared absently at the neon glow sign above the record store: Keery's Music Shop.
There aren't many customers inside so maybe having my balls squeezed to death won't be so bad if there isn't a massive audience.

Mike thought as he watched the young brunette ring up a customers' purchase. El said something that made the old woman smile as she handed her the plastic bag. Mike loved how social she was. Even with one single best friend, past and present, she was still adapted everywhere she went. It was impossible to meet her and not like her.

It honestly surprised Mike with how long he went through high school without her. Knowing she hated him on top of that was just salt in the wound.

She'd hate you even more if she knew that you were hiding out in your car like a coward withholding vital information on her possible relationship.

The whole concept of her "relationship" with Troy was one he could not really figure out either. Troy seemed so bland, with his smug personality and shit eating grin, it bothered Mike to the fullest to see El smile because of him.

Screw it. I've hibernated in here for long enough.

Mike thought before jumping out of his car and walking across the not so busy road. The bell chimed from above the doorway, signaling a new customer.

"Hi welcome to Keery's, how can I-" Max said before making eye contact with who she was talking to.
"Wheeler."

Mike smiled at Max's narrowed eyes.
"Mayfield. Is El around?"

"Depends. Why are you here?" Max answered.

"I just need to tell her something. And before you ask what it is, I'm afraid its confidential." Mike shrugged.

Max narrowed her eyes even more, proving the impossible.
"Fine. She's in the back." She said before exiting the small cubicle behind the register to lead him to the back room.

She knocked on the door.
"El? You've got a visitor."

El turned around and made eye contact with the tall teen standing next to Max.

"Mike? What are you doing here?"

"I need to talk to you." Mike said.

No one moved.
"..Alone" He finished, looking directly at the redhead.

"Scream if you need me." Max said, nodding to El before making her way out of the storage room, shutting the door behind her.

"What's up?" El said, putting down the clipboard from her hands.

"I uh.."
Mike was a little nervous over his words, so to speak.

He also wanted to mentally thank the inventor of pockets for the ability to hide his sweaty palms from the beauty in front of him.

"I'm sorry." Mike said.

"For what?" El asked warily

"I saw something I shouldn't have. Or maybe it is best that I saw it because it lets you know before you get really involved that he's actually a fucking lobster."

"Lobster? Mike-"

"You know some think that lobsters mate for life but Friends is actually not all the reliable because lobsters are actually the least monogamous of all animals-"

"Mike."

"-the guy lobsters actually hook up with like a whole harem of women lobsters which really fucking sucks because who knew there could be scum bags on land and in the sea when-"