thanksgiving

~*~

El's morning was rough on paper but she had a smile plastered on her face just because of the endless happy memories from the night before. Nothing could make the smile on her face waver.

Not the morning coffee she spilled down her shirt.

Not the burnt bagel she tried making this morning.

Not the terrible parking spot she got right in front of the bright sun, bound to morph her car into a sauna.

"HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVE!" Max jumped onto El as she got out of her car.

"And to you." El smiled back, hugging her best friend.

"So?" max asked

"'So?' What?"

"So, you've been grinning like the joker since you pulled up. And I doubt the giant coffee stain on your blouse is the reason you're so chipper this morning."

"My date with Mike went really well. Better than I expected."

"So I take it the sex was good then?" Max asked, nudging her hip toward El's.

"Actually there was no sex. He said he promised himself that the next time he entered my bedroom would be by the front door, not my window."

"Ugh I hate that romantic neighbor privilege. If Lucas was my next door neighbor I don't think I would spend a single night alone."

"Right because you spend so many of your nights alone now?" El said sarcastically.

"Funny girl you are El Hopper. So when are you gonna see Mike again?"

"Hopefully she'll let me walk her to class." Mike said from behind the pair.

A grin spread across Mike's face as those hazel eyes held contact with his.

"Hi." El said.

"Hi." Mike replied

"If you two are gonna continue having eye sex for us innocents in the hallway, please get a room." Max said

"Charming as ever, Maxine."
Max narrowed her eyes at the sound of her birth name she despised.
"Red flag number one." Max whispered to El before skipping away to homeroom.

"How'd you sleep?" El asked.

"Oh I lied awake all night, restless. Thinking and fantasizing of the next time I would see you again. The usual." Mike joked

"Someone is theatrical."

"I just wanna know when the next time I can take you out is."

"Eager are we?"

"Remarkably"

"Well seeing as how I am going to stuff my face with Chinese food tomorrow and mostly likely won't be able to get out of bed with the food baby I'll have, not any time soon."

"Chinese food?" Mike questioned

"Yeah. You really think my dad would be able to whip up a whole thanksgiving dinner? We usually just end up watching the Nightmare before Christmas with a big bucket of fried rice."

"Why that movie?"

"Other than it being a classic, it was Moms favorite to watch during all the holidays. It's always played on Halloween and Christmas on TV but she felt it should be a Thanksgiving movie too."