pleadings

~*~

It was another day of school for the students of Hawkins High and for some it was just a regular day, but for El Hopper, it was a day where she felt like she was gonna pee her pants.
"Dude, you have been jittery all morning what's going on?" Max asked from her locker right next to El's.

"The internships get announced tomorrow." El said. That sentence alone was enough for Max to understand her best friends uneasy demeanor. El has been dreaming of going to Wabash University since she first learned how to play a single note of music. El had been working at Keery's Music Shop for about 3 years trying to learn more about music along with gaining some recommendations from her employers. She also is in good graces with her current music teachers who want nothing more than to see her succeed in a profession she enjoys.

"Ok well there's no need to get all anxious, they'd be such idiots if they didn't pick you. I mean you've been working your ass off pretty much for as long as I've known you; trying to get higher than a 4.0 which I didn't even think was possible before I met you, miss 4.4. But most importantly, you have to manifest that shit into the universe." Max advised.

"Oh my god please do not start with the universe with me this early in the morning okay? If I don't get the internship then I'll literally sue you." El said

"O- what the fuck why me?" Max said in a laugh.

"Because I'm too busy focusing on NOT peeing in my pants to find anyone else to sue. So as my best friend please just let me sue you as you take me to the bathroom." El said dramatically

"I hate you but let's go."

As El occupied a stall before the bell rang, Max waited outside for her while El continued their conversation.
"Hey so I never asked how that ride home with Lucas went. Care to share with the class?" El asked from inside the stall.

"Well of course I agreed to go to pretty much every single one of their games but in a way where I made him ask me to do it. We exchanged numbers so hopefully we'll be talking a lot more, oh and I maybe, kind of, sorta agreed to go to the Halloween party with him next weekend and I might've said you'd come with" Max said with a pleading smile as El exited the bathroom.

"Ok so the first half of all of that is downright fantastic but the Halloween party? Isn't that being thrown by the lacrosse team?" El asked

"Hypothetically if it was, what would you say?"

"I would sigh very loudly because you know very well of who I 100% DO NOT want to see there."

"Ok but hypothetically I would say, it's a big Halloween party and it's very VERY unlikely that you would actually knowingly be in the same room with him, let alone actually speak to him."

"Well then it's perfect that this a hypothetical situation because I would say no." El said with a sarcastic smile as the bell rang while leaving the girls bathroom.

                                            ~*~

As El was sitting in chemistry class going over her chemistry notes, since there was a substitute teacher, her phone buzzed.

                                  Maximum🤡
Ok so it wasn't hypothetical

                                                                   U dOnT sAy?