taste

~*~

El woke up to the sound of a subtle thump, followed by a teenage grunt of pain.

"Fuck, I hate this stupid ledge." Mike exasperated

"Maybe try the front door instead." El replied, not bothering to open her eyes.

"What fun would that be? How'd you sleep Hopper?"

"Pretty good before you woke me up. I'm never in the mood to go to school the day before winter break actually starts. We don't even learn anything, it's just word searches and movies for an hour till class is over."

"What fun ass classes are you taking? Last year I still had to present my Invasive Species PowerPoint for environmental science."

El laughed

"How about, we play hooky today and go see the new Spider-Man movie instead?" Mike offered, taking a seat on El's bed.

"You read my mind." El sighed happily
"My first though was how Max will probably be pissed at me since I won't be there for her to suffer with during Mr. Drenleys inevitable lecture today, but she tried spoiling Spider-Man for me, so I get a pass."

"Lucas tried the same thing since I spoiled The Walking Dead for him when we were 15. Damn that man can hold a grudge."

"You think? Max continues to try to spoil any book I read since I saw her reading Harry Potter sophomore year and spoiled it by accident. To this day, any book I read around her, I have to have a book cover."

"Well then let's get back at them both, by skipping boring classes before break, watching an awesome movie, getting ice cream, and making out."

"Mike." El laughed, hitting the boy over the head with her pillow

"What? You don't want ice cream then?"

"I hate you"

"Yea yea." Mike said before leaning in to kiss those pillowy lips of hers he had grown so fond of.

I wish I could wake up to just her

I wish he'd kiss me every morning

"As much as I'm enjoying this teaser of what's to come, my dad is right across the hall and we both know he would rip your head clean off your body if he caught you in here."

"Yea. Even though I got his blessing, its best I don't push it." Mike assured.

"Blessing? What blessing?" El questioned

"Nothing. Just come outside when you're ready." Mike said before giving her one lasting kiss and heading out the window.

El laughed as she watched him go

Mike managed to climb back into his own room with no trouble seeing as how he had no pesky ledge.

The teenage boy changed into a black tee and his favorite baggy olive green pants.

He went downstairs and thought twice before leaving the house.
He eyed the vase of white roses near the door before taking them out of the vase.

He shook the water off them before leaving and pulling into her driveway.

El plopped herself into the passenger seat

"Uber right?" El joked

"Funny girl you are. These are for you." Mike smiled, handing the bouquet.