demos

~*~

The next internship day came sooner than expected.

El got to her locker of Hawkins High to find a familiar redhead waiting for her.

"Hey! How'd the first day go?" Max asked.

"Better than I could ever expect. The art teacher is awesome and super chill, and despite having to do the whole internship thing with Mike, I did meet the music teacher. He said that I could sit in on at least one of his classes if he likes my demo!" El said through a smile.

"OH MY GOD THAT'S AMAZING! Well he's gonna love it. Also I expect a copy of that demo so that I can blast your beautiful voice through every speaker imaginable." Max said, hugging her best friend.

"Ahh well I recorded it yesterday and I'm gonna play it for him today. And I am going to piss my pants as I give it to him."

"Now even though it's your first day I was hoping for a little tea story when you came back." Max said

"Well Mr. Templeman, the music teacher and Ms. Hutton have some sexual tension thing going on. They apparently hate each other. When I went to talk to him, he gave me a present to give to her, it was a box full of buttons since he, and I quote, 'pushes all of hers'." El said with a smirk.

"Huh, now why does that sound familiar?" Max asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Oh no nothing, it's just a boy and a girl who hate each other, they both take extreme interests in art and music and seek careers in them. Along with the fact that they're practically glued together at the hip whether they initiate it or not." Max explained.

"I hate you."

"I love you too. And it looks like you've got a suitor headed your way." Max said, gesturing behind El to see Troy Harrington walking towards them with his permanent smirk laying on his mouth.

"Sup' Hopper." Troy said.

"Harrington." El said slowly turning around to face the boy.

"I've gotta meet Lucas before class starts. I'll see you at lunch?"

"As always." El replied before seeing her best friend walk down the hallway.

"You know I'm hurt." Troy said.

"Why is that?" El said, humoring him.

"Because I have yet to hear about how your first day went. Maybe you get tell me about it over dinner?"

"You really don't give up do you?" El asked.

"Not when its important." Troy said, leaning his arm to rest on the locker above her head.

"We don't even know each other Troy. The only thing I know about you is that you're the captain of the losing football team and anyone with eyes know that too." El replied sassily

"Ouch Hopper. Ouch. Now that you've broken my heart you're gonna have to redeem it. And you know, by law, you would have to come to dinner with me this weekend."

"If I say yes will you leave me alone?" El said with raised brows.

"If you say yes, I would probably never stop smiling to the point where it starts to creep people out. So yea, if you wish it, I would leave you alone. But something tells me that wont happen." Troy said reaching for her hand.

"I wouldn't hold my breath." El said retracting her fingers from his grip, backing away.
"See you this weekend." She said with rolled eyes as she ventured to her first class.