games

El woke up to her alarm blaring in her ears. She rolled out of bed to go apply simple mascara and chapstick, while putting on a red polka-dotted romper with ruffled sleeves and a brown waist belt. She hopped into her baby blue bronco (a car she saved a year and a half's worth of money working) and streamed "Out of It" by Story So Far on her way to pick up her redheaded best friend.

"Hey hoe" Max said as she plopped into the car.

"Hi bitch." El replied

"Sooooo listen, last night I might've been texting Lucas-" Max began before interrupted

"You mean Lucas Sinclair? The infamous lacrosse captain that you're obsessed with and have been crushing on since you met him?" El interjected, receiving a punch on the shoulder from her best friend.

"Whatever, we were texting last night and I might have promised him that we'd go to his game today" Max said with a persuasive smile.

"We?"

"Yes, WE. Because I would be SURE that my best friend would of course not leave me to attend the love of my life's lacrosse game, BY MYSELF."

"You know why I hate going to those games." El said, looking to her best friend whilst stopped at a red light.

"Yes, yes I know, you're dick muncher of an ex-best friend is on the team too and is friends with Lucas, but there is a plus side."

"Oh yeah? And what's that?"

"They're going against New Castle. That team practically gives out steroids in the cafeteria food. So that means that lanky ass Wheeler is 100% bound to get sacked during the game."

El sighed as she finally gave in.
"Fine."

~*~

As El and Max climbed out of the car, they were greeted by two of their friends: Will and Dustin.

"Sup fuckers" Dustin greeted the two.

"Why do you have my phone?!" Max continued

"Fuck you that's why" the entire friend group exclaimed, finishing the infamous vine.

"Did any of you actually pay attention to Modine yesterday? Because I need better notes for the test tomorrow." Will asked the group

"You can borrow mine." Dustin said, receiving quite a few weird glances from his friends.
"What?"

"Dustin your handwriting are literal hieroglyphics. You can borrow mine Will." El said, as the group resided by her and Max's locker.

"I hate all of you. But are we still down for the movies tonight?" Dustin, receiving yet another weird look from 2 of the 4 group members.
"What now?"

"El and I are going to the game tonight." Max said.

"You, Maxine Mayfield and El Hopper are going to the lacrosse game tonight?" Will asked in disbelief when a voice answered from behind Max, belonging to one Lucas Sinclair.

"I'd hope she was, I mean she did promise." Lucas said, leaning his arm on her locker, over her head."

"Mmm I don't know, are you gonna actually get off the bench this time?" Max asked playfully

"Guess you're just gonna have to show up to find out." Lucas flirted back before directing his attention over the El.

"Hey Hopper, that bronco in the lot, that's your car?" Lucas asked, receiving a happy nod from the brunette.
"Sweet ride."

"Thank you! See someone appreciates amazing, god-crafted cars." El replied moving her emphasis onto Will.

"It literally looks like a box painted baby blue." Will replied