Please Don't Judge Me

"I want you to promise that you'll still love me

"I want you to promise that you'll still love me."

⋆ ✧ ✩asapuzi✩ ✧⋆

A/N: This was requested by @awgenization. I'm very sorry for being so late, I meant to make this a lot sooner. 😔

Omniscient

"I don't understand why you're so nervous to see me, there's nothing to worry about." Symere spoke into the phone as he heard Rakim panic on the other end. "Everything will be okay." There was a brief moment of silence before he heard a sigh.

"I kinda don't wanna do this anymore Sy, I don't think I'm ready." Rakim responded, a hint of sadness laced in his voice. Though he would like to believe that what Symere was saying was true, part of him couldn't help but to worry. What if he wasn't good enough for him? "I would like to see you but I'm scared of what you're gonna think of me."

"But why? You seem pretty nice, what makes you think that I'm gonna think of you differently?" Rakim didn't bother to answer the question, instead he looked at himself in the mirror sadly. The clothing that once brought him comfort now made him feel ashamed of himself. "Rakim?"

Rakim remained silent as he continued to stare into the mirror. He was slowly becoming disgusted in himself.

"Rakim is everything alright?" Symere questioned.

"I'm fine, okay? Please stop worrying about me so much." Symere could tell that Rakim wasn't being truthful.

"Don't lie to me Rakim, I know you're still nervous. Just let me come over, there's no reason for you to be afraid."

"I just don't wanna disappoint you." Rakim admitted, followed by a sigh. "I'm not sure you'd feel the same if you saw me and I don't wanna lose you."

"Like I said before, you have nothing to worry about. You're not gonna lose me and I won't be disappointed." Symere reassured him. "Just give me the address and I'll be there shortly."

"Alright, but before I do, I want you to promise that you'll still love me."

"I promise." Symere replied without hesitation. But would he be able to keep his promise?

Rakim jumped at the sound of knocking at his front door. He took a deep breath before going to answer it. Even after Symere's attempts of reassuring him that everything was going to be fine, he was still a bit nervous. "You'll still love me, right?"

"Of course I will, I wouldn't lie to you." Within seconds the door swung open, revealing Rakim on the other side. Symere grew silent as he examined Rakim's outfit which consisted of an oversized sweater, a white tennis skirt and a pair of worn out Air Force 1's. He was at a loss for words.

"Well um, do you still feel the same about me?" Rakim asked, a bit afraid of how he might answer. Truthfully, Symere found it strange that he dressed in such a way. Why would he choose to dress like that? Awkward silence filled the air as Rakim waited for his response. "Be honest with me."

"I just don't get it, is there a reason you dress like that?" Rakim nodded before looking down at his shoes.

"Yeah, I don't really wanna talk about it though." The reason behind his clothing choices was always a sore subject for him. As a healthier alternative to damaging his body, Rakim used clothing-more specifically items that would be considered feminine such as skirts and dresses as a way to cope with his past. Oddly enough, wearing such things always brought him joy and helped numb the pain he had previously endured.

"Oh, that's alright I guess." Symere replied as he forced a small smile.

"You still never answered my question." Rakim reminded him. Symere's expression fell at the mention of the question.

"What about it?"

"I wanna know if you still feel the same about me."

"I mean, I um-" Symere stopped himself as he thought of a way to reply to him. On one hand he wanted to be honest with him but on the other, he didn't want to hurt his feelings. How could he express his feelings toward Rakim without making him upset?

"Stop avoiding the question, I wanna know how you really feel. Do you still love me like you said you would?"