What?

"Are you serious?"

"Are you serious?"

⋆ ✧ ✩uzithecreator✩ ✧⋆

Omniscient

The scent of various dishes filled the air as chattering emanated from multiple tables. Tyler played with his fingers, making every effort to mask his anxiousness as he spoke with his boyfriend Symere. "I think we should go out more often, I can't remember the last time we've been out the house." Symere began before taking a bite of his food. "It's been forever." Tyler nodded in agreement as he fought to keep his composure.

"I could make that happen, I wouldn't mind going out more." He responded before flashing Symere a nervous smile. Tyler struggled to focus on the conversation as he began to get consumed by his fear.

"Baby?" Symere called, noticing how quiet he had gotten. Tyler didn't respond, in fact, he didn't even realize that he was being spoken to. He was far too caught up in his negative thoughts. "Baby?" Symere called out once more as he gently tapped him. His thoughts were quickly interrupted by the tap.

"Oh sorry about that." Tyler apologized. "What were you saying?"

"Don't worry about it, it wasn't that important." Symere started. "But I noticed that you seemed worried, is something bothering you?" He asked, pointing out Tyler's unusual behavior. A sigh escaped his lips as he nodded his head.

"I just have a lot on my mind right now." He admitted before taking a quick sip of his drink.

"Tell me about it, I'll help you through it." Symere's comment caused Tyler to feel a little less anxious. Though it had calmed him down a bit, Tyler was still very fearful. He hesitated before responding.

"Well I've been meaning to talk to you about something for a while now." Tyler revealed. As of late, he has had thoughts of proposing to Symere and figured now would be a good time. His only wish at the moment was to spend the rest of his life with him. The only things that were stopping him from revealing his feelings were his fear and worrying. What if Symere didn't feel the same way?

"About what?" Tyler took a deep breath before replying.

"You, when I first met you I knew we'd be perfect for each other. You made me feel something that no one else did and you were there when I needed you the most." Tyler paused before reaching into his pocket, grabbing a small white box and getting down on one knee. "I love you so much and I wanna spend the rest of my life with you, will you marry me?" All Symere could do was stare at him, his mouth agape. Tyler waited for his response.

"Well baby I um-I." Symere stuttered in utter shock. "I think I-" Tyler stared into his eyes, a bit of hope forming. Although it wasn't a lot, he still believed that there was a slight chance that Symere would say yes, but would he?

"Well?" Tyler questioned, his voice riddled with anxiousness. Symere sat quietly for a moment, his heart racing as he tried to process what was happening. "Do you feel the same way baby?" Symere attempted to avoid the question.

"I think we should be heading home soon, what time is it?"

"Don't try to change the subject, answer the question. Do you?" Symere rubbed his arm, staring at the ground before speaking once more.

"No, I don't. I'm sorry baby, I love you but I can't do this." Tyler's heart shattered from his words, his expression soon fell.

"Are you serious? What do you mean 'I can't?'" Symere let out a sigh.

"I just don't think I'm ready for marriage yet, it's nothing you did." Symere explained. "I hope you can understand." Tyler got up and sat back in his seat, refusing to respond, let alone look at Symere. "Baby I'm sorry." He apologized once more, realizing how much he had hurt Tyler. Could something like this possibly end their relationship?