Not Like That

"Why are you laughing?"

⋆ ✧ ✩playboiuzi?✩ ✧⋆

Jordan

  I sighed heavily as I walked alongside my best friend Symere. After of months of mustering up the courage, I figured now would be the best time to confess my feelings for him. I took a deep breath before speaking.

"Um, Symere?"

"Yeah?" He responded. I just stood there quietly, rubbing my arm as I avoided eye contact. Despite preparing for this moment, I wasn't exactly sure on what to say. "You alright?"

"Yeah, I'm cool." I mumbled sheepishly.

"What were you gonna tell me?" He questioned. I paused for a moment, my heart beating out of my chest as I looked him in the eye.

"I um, I don't really know how to say it." I admitted. "Like, I really wanna tell you but I'm not too sure how."

"I mean, just say what's on your mind." I nodded.

"Okay, well..." I paused once more. "You know what? Maybe I shouldn't say it, maybe it would be better if I didn't say anything." Symere chuckled a bit.

"Damn, is it really that bad?" He asked. "Why don't you wanna tell me?" I shrugged.

"I guess I'm just not ready to see how you'll react." I replied. "I don't wanna like, make you uncomfortable or anything." I felt Symere snake an arm around me.

"You won't, you're just overthinking. Just say it, there's no reason to be nervous." He assured me. Even with his reassurance, I still felt afraid. Was this something that could possibly ruin our friendship? "Well are you gonna say it now?"

"Not yet, I don't think I'm ready."

"Fine, just take your time. I'll wait." The rest of our walk was silent and the more I thought about it, the more anxious I became. I don't remember the last time I've been this nervous.

It wasn't long before we approached Symere's house. I sighed one last time as I stared down at my shoes. Whether I liked it or not, I had to tell him now. "Symere?"

"What is it?"

"I think I'm ready to tell you now." I replied, trying to stay as calm as possible.

"Okay, then tell me."

"I don't wanna be weird or anything but I think I like you and I wanted to tell you for a while now but I was way to scared to. I know it's-" I was cut off by the sound of laughter. My heart sank as I looked away from him. "Why are you laughing?"

"You can't be serious right now, stop playing with me. Tell me what you actually wanted to say."

"I am, I meant everything I said. What makes you think that I'm joking?" I immediately began to regret my decision, I wish I never told him.

"You have to be, there's no way that you actually like me." Symere responded in disbelief.

"But I'm not, I'm not sure how to prove it to you but I mean it. I wouldn't joke around like that." I retorted as my expression fell. "Why won't you take me seriously?" Symere's smile soon faded. I could tell that he was starting to feel bad.

"Oh, I guess you really are being serious." I nodded.

"Yeah, but do you like me back." There was a moment of awkward silence. I waited patiently for a response but never got one. Symere didn't even bother to look back, he simply walked inside his house, leaving me on his porch. I stood there in utter shock. If he didn't feel the same, he could've just told me.

A/N: Sorry for any spelling errors, this was kinda rushed. :(