Not Yours

"I'm okay, I just wasn't ready for you to find out so soon

"I'm okay, I just wasn't ready for you to find out so soon."

⋆ ✧ ✩asaptyler + ??? ✩ ✧⋆

Rakim

"Why didn't you tell me about this sooner?" Tyler questioned with tears streaming down his face. I stared at him in confusion as he ran over and pulled me into a hug. What was going on? "How long have you been hiding this from me?" I paused for a moment.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, feeling his arms tighten around me. I was oblivious to what he was referring to. Is it possible that I could've done something to make him upset? After a moment, he finally let go of me and revealed what he was talking about. My eyes widened, and I was instantly engulfed in the feelings of worry and fear. He was holding up a positive pregnancy test.

The tears I once perceived as tears of sadness were tears of happiness. This made me feel horrible. All I could do was stare at him. How was I going to tell him that the baby wasn't his? "When were you gonna tell me that we were gonna be parents?"

"I was, um, I d-don't." I stared at the ground as I fumbled over my words. I wasn't entirely sure whose baby I was going to have but I knew it wasn't Tyler's. It couldn't be. Over the course of our two year relationship, we hardly ever got intimate and when we did, we made sure to use protection. That meant that there were about three other people who could possibly be the father. No words could describe how disappointed I was in myself because of this. I couldn't let him know.

He laughed before placing a kiss on my forehead. "Do you know how happy I am right now? I've always wanted to be a father." My heart sunk. I felt terrible.

"Oh um, yeah, I can't wait for us to be parents." I responded before forcing a chuckle. I felt him gently pat my back.

"Are you okay baby? You seem stressed out." I nodded.

"I'm okay, I just wasn't ready for you to find out so soon." I lied through my teeth. I wasn't okay, all I felt was guilt. "I'm just a little surprised, that's all." I flashed him a fake smile to assure him that I was doing fine.

"Alright baby, just remember if there's ever something wrong that you could tell me, alright?" I didn't respond. As much as I wanted to tell him, I just couldn't bring myself to do so. How would he react to something like this? "Baby did you hear me?"

"Yeah I heard you, I'll tell you whenever there's something going on." I lied once more. It pained me to lie to him, I honestly didn't want to. "I think I just need some time alone." I turned to walk away but felt him place his hand on my shoulder.

"Are you sure there's nothing wrong? You're acting different."

"Different? What do you mean different? I'm acting exactly how I'd act any other day." I began to get defensive although everything he was saying was true, I wasn't acting like myself.

"No you're not, there's clearly something wrong with you."

"I'm doing fine alright? Just leave me the fuck alone! You're asking too many fucking questions!" I snapped. I glanced over at him and I could tell that he was clearly hurt. It was never my intention to hurt him, I was just starting to become overwhelmed. "I'm sorry baby I didn't mean to yell at you like that I'm just going through a hard time right now." I sighed before pulling him into a hug.

"What's going on baby?"

"Don't worry about it, it doesn't matter right now. I don't want to hurt you even more I already put you through enough." I replied as I rubbed his back.

"What do you mean by that baby? Don't try to avoid the question either." I grew silent. "Baby tell me." He demanded. Why did I even bring it up? Now there's no way out of this, I should've known that I wouldn't be able to keep this a secret for long.

"So, um, the baby." I began nervously. "The baby isn't yours." I didn't hear a response from him but rather quiet sniffles as his tears drenched my shoulder. I fucked up bad.

A/N:I hope you enjoyed! Feel free to request things!