Chapter 5

KALEIGHNA'S POV

"Where is he?" I whispered to myself as my mom and I entered the reception.

There were a lot of guests but not as many as my debut. I guess there were around 200-250 people here.

"Who are you looking for, dear?" My mom said, I looked at her and shook my head so fast.

"No one, mom."

Good thing that the lady interrupted us and pointed to our table and seats. My eyes were wandering around, looking for Launce. Inisa isa ko na ang mga table at ang mga kalalakihan dito pero wala pa rin siya. Where is he? I sighed in defeat, maybe he's just late...

I was just scrolling through my phone, I'm starting to get bored. Gusto ko lang naman pumunta rito dahil gusto kong makita si Launce. I checked his Instagram, hoping that he might post something but then there's none.

I sighed before turning off my phone. I looked to my left, kung saan banda ang main door... And there he is.

He just entered the room... He looked dashing, as always. It seems like time stopped. I did not hear anything. All I cared about was him. All I saw was him. He was on his phone, talking to someone. He even raised his hand, he looked so.... So perfect. His height, his body built, his outfit, his movements.. Everything about him is just so perfect to me. I've never been mesmerized by anyone, it's just him who can do this to me.

The party started and my eyes were just all over him. Napapatigil lang ang tingin ko sakanya kapag may kumakausap saakin. I grabbed my phone from my purse. I opened my camera and took a stolen shot of him.

Buong gabi ay sakanya lang ako nakatingin. Pinagmamasdan ko ang mga galaw at kilos niya. He's movements were too formal. It made him look really serious and kind of intimidating. He's wearing an all black suit again. Now I'm sure that black is really his favorite color.

Someone called him from behind, it's his friends. I know because those men were also at my debut celebration. Launce went to them and started chatting and drinking alcohol. The alcohol is colored brown. Is it brandy? Whiskey? I don't know and I'm not sure.

I was just staring at him secretly for hours now! I can't even focus on the party itself. He exited himself and went out somewhere.

I immediately stood up. Nagulat naman si Mommy sa kinilos ko.

"Where are you going?" My mom asked.

The people on our table looked at me. I smiled awkwardly.

"I'll just go to the bathroom, Mom." I answered.

"Make it quick, okay?" My mom said in a sophisticated tone.

"Yes, mom." I said to my mom. I looked at the people on our table and excused myself.

Hinanap ko si Launce pero nauna na siyang lumabas. Hindi ko alam kung saan siya pupunta. I went to the pool area cuz it's just near the reception but he's not there. I looked to the signs on the wall. It shows an arrow to the right which leads to the bathroom. I hurriedly walked, baka nasa bathroom siya.

Sa pagmamadali ko ay bumangga ako sa isang matangkad na bulto ng tao.

"Oh my gosh!"

Medyo masakit ang pagkakabangga ko. I looked up, magagalit na sana ako but then it was Launce. He was holding my wrist and my back.

Why does his touch feel so good? Ugh!

Launce and I walked back together. I didn't expect to bump into him in the bathroom's hallway.

We accidentally bumped at each other. It was probably one of the best feelings I've ever experienced. He smelled so good. I wonder what his perfume is...