Chapter 16

KALEIGHNA'S POV

"Hmmm.. Smells good." I commented. Launce was cooking our dinner. The aroma of the butter and herbs filled my nose. He's cooking filet mignon. It made me feel more hungry.

Launce chuckled, "Just a few minutes, Madame." His French accent sounded so hot!

I stared at him from head to foot. I am seated on the high chair, in his kitchen, just near him. He's topless. He's just wearing gray sweatpants. His back has some scratch marks... Damn, was I so harsh!?

I shrugged that thought. My legs are actually still shaking. We did it again in his bathroom twice! I feel so damn exhausted! We only rested and cuddled for half an hour before going down here to eat.

I'm just wearing his dress shirt and nothing else underneath.

"Here you go." Launce placed the plate on the table. "Medium well, just like how you want it." He flashed a breathtaking smile.

"Merci." I smiled back and took a bite from the steak. He sat beside me, too, and started eating. His steak is medium rare, mine's medium well. "Wow, I didn't know you cook well. This steak is so good."

Launce took a sip from his wine, "Yeah, studying in London made me learn how to cook for myself. Or else I'd starve myself to death." He chuckled.

We just continued eating and telling each other's stories. I am so happy that I am starting to know more about him. He studied college at the University of Oxford. His life wasn't a boring one. In fact, madaming ganap sa buhay niya at naiinggit ako. He traveled to different places and countries already. He's been to Nigeria, Kenya, Ecuador and so much more! Hindi mabilang sa mga daliri ko ang mga bansa na napuntahan niya. Kaya naman inggit na inggit ako sa mga stories niya.

"You're still young, Kaleigh," he replied. "Marami ka pang pagdadaanan. Don't be in a rush."

I pouted, "Nakakainggit lang... Look at you," I pointed at him. "You are so successful already. You have traveled the world.. You're living the life." I sighed and drank my wine.

"Yeah.. That's what most of the people say.." Launce said. "But remember this, it wasn't an easy one, 'kay? It's a step by step process. Don't be in a rush, do it on your own way and at your own pace." He chuckled and ruffled my hair. "Like what I said, you're still young. Marami pa ang mangyayari."

I smiled at him, "Okay, I'll keep that advice in mind."

Launce just chuckled and pulled me closer to him. He hugged me from my side and planted a kiss on the side of my forehead.

"Bye!" I waved at Launce before he stormed off. Hinatid niya ako sa bahay after eating our dinner.

It is now 9 PM and I saw my mom and dad having late dinner near the poolside.

"Hi, darling," mom said in a charming voice. She was seated in front of my dad. There were flowers and candles all around.

"Woah," I uttered and went to where they were.

"Hi, sweetheart." Dad stood up and kissed my forehead.

"It is our anniversary, that's why." Mom said. I kissed her on her cheek.

My heart warmed when I saw how my parents love each other.

"Have fun, both of you! I'll go up to my room. I don't want to ruin your cute date!" We all chuckled.

"Good night, love." Dad said and gave me a flying kiss. I acted as if I caught the flying kiss with my hand.

"I'll visit you later." Mom winked at me.