Chapter 30

KALEIGHNA'S POV

The night ended with the three of us on Kage's bed. Kage is now asleep and in between me and Launce.

I faced Launce and saw him staring at the ceiling.

"Are you okay?" I said in a soft voice.

He didn't look at me, his eyes were still at the ceiling but he answered me by slowly nodding.

"Why are you still awake? You need to sleep now," Launce looked at his watch. "It's so late. Please sleep." He looked at me. He looked really sleepy and tired.

"How 'bout you, then?" humikab ako. I admit, I'm really sleepy.

"I can manage," he whispered. "Please sleep now.." His voice was husky.

I nodded and closed my eyes slowly, ayaw ko talagang matulog muna. Ayaw kong ipikit ang mga mata ko dahil baka mamaya, isang panaginip lang ang lahat.

I then slowly drifted myself to sleep.

I woke up from the sun rays on my face. I looked beside me and saw that Kage was still sleeping, hugging his crocodile stuffed toy. Launce isn't around anymore. I kissed Kage's hair before leaving his room.

I cleaned myself and took a long shower. The warm water helped me clear my mind and think clearly.

I was glad that it was not a dream. It really happened.. Now that Launce knows about Kage, what is his plan? Does he even have a plan at all?

What will happen to us? Just like how we started back then, everything happened so quickly. Ngayon ay ganoon din, ang bilis ng mga pangyayari.

I wore my maong shorts and an oversized t-shirt. I still need to make Mia's dresses.

Speaking of Mia, I suddenly remembered her and Launce. She likes Launce a lot.

But then again, I touched my lips and remembered the kiss we shared last night.. What was that about? My stomach started fluttering..

I sighed and shrugged my shoulders. Bahala na..

I heard some murmurs from the dining area. I was stunned to see my parents together with Launce. Launce is now wearing his usual corporate attire. He's not wearing his coat though but still, he managed to look dashing as ever.

"Oh, good morning, Kaleigh. Gising ka na pala." greeted by my mother with a huge smile on her face.

"Good morning." I greeted them all.

Launce faced me and he looked... fresh. How was that even possible? He's supposed to look haggard, dahil puyat siya pero.. Ang gwapo niya pa rin? Life's unfair!

I sat down beside him since that's the only available seat.

"Good morning." Launce greeted me with a smile. I can smell his scent. "I went home to take a quick shower and got back here."

"We talked about what really happened." Mom started talking. "I'm happy that my grandson is happy."

"Yeah.." Dad suppressed a smile.

Launce placed the sunny side up egg on my plate. He also put fried rice and beef tapa.

"Do you like coffee? Or juice?" He asked.

"J-juice." I answered. Sinalinan naman niya ako ng orange juice.

"Ano na ang plano mo ngayon, Kaleigh?" Dad asked as we ate our breakfast.

"What do you mean?" I asked back.

"Dito ka na lang ba o gusto mong umuwi sa Pangasinan?"

I suddenly thought about that. Oo nga naman, doon naman na talaga ang buhay ko. My stay here was supposed to be temporary.