Chapter 33

LAUNCE'S POV

My days have been nothing but a dream. It felt like I was on cloud nine. The feeling of happiness and contentment filled my whole system. It made me feel happy and high. I never knew that I would feel and experience this again.

Kaleigh and my son, Kage, they are my life now. They are my happiness. They are my contentment and safe haven. They are my safe place and my home.

Staring at our polaroid picture in my office made me more inspired to work and be better. I want to be a better boss and a better father. No, I want to be the best father for Kage.

I've been busy fixing my schedule. Kage will now start his schooling since he's 4 years old already. They will be living with me in my condo temporarily. I contacted a friend of mine. I'm gonna buy a house. We need a much bigger space. We need to live in a house and not in a condo. I want a bigger space for my family.

I received a text message from Kaleigh. She wanted to talk about something and of course, I said yes. I can never say no to her and my son.

As I was typing my email, my intercom rang.

"Sir, you have a visitor named Mia Evans." Clara said.

"What does she want?" I asked.

"Sir, it's confidential. It's for the next fashion show, that's according to Miss Mia."

I rolled my eyes and heaved a heavy sigh. It's a lie, I know. If I'm not mistaken, she won't be part of the fashion show this time.

"Let her in." I said. I want to clear this once and for all.

Mia entered my office, wearing a skimpy, short dress. I looked at her suspiciously.

"What do you want?" I asked in a bored, disgusted way. This woman is so desperate and it bugs me to death.

"Come on, you know the answer to that." She stomped her feet and crossed her arms over her chest. Her cleavage showed more because of that. I scoffed and rolled my eyes, not wanting anything from her.

"Please, leave. I don't like you the way you like it." I said, dismissing her.

"You can't just do this to me! You can't just dump me like this! I did everything to be closer to you." Mia screamed.

I remained seated on my swivel chair. I crossed my legs and sighed.

"Stop this! You're desperate and it's sickening." I groaned. Like I said, I do not like her.

She went near me with gritted teeth and a mad face. She went so close to me and it all happened so fast. I wasn't prepared or something. I suddenly felt a sting on my neck. It feels like an injection.

"I repeat, you can't just dump me like this!" Mia whispered hard. She pulled the syringe and I suddenly felt weak.

"W-what.." I felt so weak. I can't feel my joints.

Mia helped me lift myself up. It was so hard to walk and move. I felt my whole body on the couch. My world seems to be spinning. My vision is unclear and I feel dizzy.

I passed out when Mia pressed a handkerchief on my nose and mouth. It smelled so weird and it tasted sweet but at the same time, it gave a saline taste. The last thing I felt was another injection on my neck and my world stopped.

KALEIGHNA'S POV

Kage cried the moment he saw his Dad sleeping on the hospital bed. Inalo na lang siya nina Tita Lumiera at Tito Luxen.

The doctor went in and informed us about Launce's condition.

"He's still under observation. His kidney and liver were not severely damaged. mabuti na lang at nadala niyo siya kaagad dito. We'll run some tests again." His kidney and liver were a bit damaged because of the drugs Mia injected.