Chapter 7

KALEIGHNA'S POV

Launce and I are not just following each other on instagram, we're also friends on facebook. I was the one who made his facebook account. I know his password because of that.

Launce and I continued chatting about a lot of things. I asked him about his travels, work, company and all that. He also asked me about mine. We were having fun chatting. I had fun chatting with him. I am now more eased and less nervous and thrilled around him. I can say that we are now... friends and starting to get along.

I was also starting to get really tipsy with the champagne. We are already on our third bottle of champagne.

"How about having a girlfriend?" I asked, we were talking about my celebrity crushes and idols. "Clarisse Abellana was your ex-girlfriend right?" I'm feeling a little lightheaded already. My eyelids started feeling really heavy.

He looked at me captivatingly, "She wasn't my girlfriend."

I looked at him, "Really? That's not what I read in the articles." I chuckled, feeling really tipsy.

"So you searched about me?" He said huskily.

"Yup! I did, once." I smiled and took a sip of my champagne.

"Oh, so you did.." His voice was low, dark and husky.

"I mean, you guys dated, right? But you guys were never committed?" I asked, curiously.

"Yeah, we just dated." Launce took a sip of his champagne, not looking at me.

"But you guys were seen together, dining outside?" I asked, getting really deep and curious.

"Yes, 'cause we're friends." He looked at me. He saw that my hair was a little messed up. He put some strands of my hair behind my ear. "Let's not talk about me, let's talk about you."

The touch of his fingers on the skin near my ear made my stomach flutter. I had goosebumps. Maybe it was the effect of champagne? Or was it the effect of his touch?

"What about me?" I asked in a soft manner, still can't get over his touch a while ago.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" He asked directly.

"No," I answered honestly.

"Ex boyfriend?"

"Nope, never had one."

"Not even one?" He looked at me with disbelief.

I nodded, "Yup." I said, popping the letter 'p'.

"Kung sa bagay, bata ka pa." He looked away and took a sip of his champagne. I pouted at what he just said. "I'm sure you had suitors."

I shook my head, "I didn't let them court me because I do not like them."

"What are your likes then?" He asked in a low voice.

"What do you mean by that?"

"What's your type?" He looked at me. His green, olive eyes are captivating me. His eyes are really one of his best assets.

I drank all of the champagne in my glass. He just watched me do that. I took a deep breath before answering, "You." I said.

He raised a brow. I did not know what that meant...

"You.... you're exactly my type. Tall, good-looking, matured..." I looked down when I just realized what I did and said.

First, umamin ako sakanya na siya ang type ko. Second, umamin ako na type ko siya ulit!

I bit my lower lip, "Please, don't mind what I just said.." I said, embarrassed. I can't even look at him! Fuck, I shouldn't have drank so many champagne.

"I don't mind at all." He's looking at me intently while holding the champagne glass.

I looked at his lips... I unconsciously licked my lips. His lips were in a fine line. His lips looked so smooth, soft and subtle.

I hugged myself and caressed my shoulders.. It's starting to get really cold here. He drank his champagne before removing his coat off him.

"Here," he handed me his coat.

"W-what?" I said, stunned.

"You're cold." Launce said. Dahil hindi ako nakapag react kaagad, siya na ang naglagay ng coat niya around my shoulders. I instantly smelled his scent... Oh god, he smells so good!

"T-thank you, Launce." Sinoot ko ang coat ni Launce ng maayos. It's really huge, but i like it.

We were interrupted by my mother. Napaayos tuloy ako ng upo. Mom touched my shoulder from behind, "Darling."

I looked at her, "Mom."

Mom looked at the man beside me, "Hello, Launce."

"Hello, Mrs. Primavera."

"Kaleigh, we need to go home now. It's late and your dad's looking for us already." My mom said to me, she smelled like alcohol.

I looked at Launce before I looked back to my mom, "Okay." I grabbed my purse on the table. Launce noticed what I did.

"Thank you, Launce, for being my daughter tonight." My mom thanked Launce. I stood up and Launce did, too.

"Thank you for attending tonight. I'm sure you made my mom really happy." Launce said to my mom.

"Thank you, too, Launce." My mom smiled at him. "We're going now. Thanks again."

"Sure, my pleasure." Launce said to my mom before looking at me.

"Take care." He said softly.

"T-take care, Launce." I'm still in awe.

I walked away together with my mom. I really wanted to stay longer but I can't. My mom seemed to not notice the coat that I'm wearing. I intentionally did not give his coat back. I want to hang out with him more often.

I sighed as I stepped inside the car.. I looked out the window and smiled secretly... What a night!

It has been a week since Launce's mother's party. It was one of my best nights. His coat is still with me, in my room. I didn't have it dry cleaned for days. I was busy hugging and smelling his coat. I had it dry cleaned just a while ago. I asked one of our maids to do it for me.

My school just finished and it is now 4:30 in the afternoon. Nasa sasakyan ako ngayon, pauwi sa bahay. Nang makauwi ako ay dumiretso ako kaagad sa kwarto at humiga sa kama, pagod na pagod. I hate my monday and wednesday schedule! Buong araw ako klase ko, nakakapagod. I slowly drift myself to sleep. I woke up and it's now 9 in the evening. I checked my phone to check some messages and stuff. I heard a knock on my door.

"Ma'am Kaleigh," Yaya entered my room. "Eto na po yung coat."

"Thank you po. Pakisabit na lang sa may closet ko." She did and left my room. I suddenly realized something...

I went to facebook messenger and chatted Launce, maybe I can set up a date where I can give his coat back.

Me: 

Hey! Your coat's with me, when and where can I give it back to you?

I stared at my phone and saw that the message was already delivered. Minutes have passed and he still hasn't replied. I just went to my bathroom to take a shower. After showering, I went down to the dining area to eat my late dinner.

I went up to my room again to check if he had replied.

"Tsk," asik ko. He still hasn't replied.