❝ CHAPTER 9 ❞

▌Chapter 9 ─ Rock Fights And Goblins ▌

Chapter 9 ─ Rock Fights And Goblins

      ━━━━━ ELIRIEN HAD GOTTEN a head start, but eventually the dwarves had caught up with her. She was now traveling with them again. Thessalia had walked up to her.

"Did you know?" Elirien asked her friend, shouting it loudly enough for her to hear.

"I did. I wanted to tell you Elirien but they told me not to. They told me that they would tell you when it was the right opportunity." Thessalia told her.

"So you listened to them and betrayed my trust? That doesn't make it any better."

"I know and I'm sorry Elirien, but you are a princess, your father and mother, they have higher royal titles than you. Yes you are my friend, but I must obey what they say."

"And as my friend you aren't supposed to keep secrets." Elirien fought back.

She then dropped the conversation walking forward. Elirien was definitely hurt and Thessalia knew it, she would most definitely have to earn her friends trust again. They continued on heading through the terrain, nightfall had fallen and as they headed into the rocky mountains rain had started to pour.

Thunder and lighting followed behind shortly after making their travels extremely more difficult than before. Thessalia was by Bilbo giving Elirien the space she needed. Elirien was behind Fili, moving up the mountain, her brown hair soaking wet along with all her clothes.

"Steady! Hold on!" Thorin shouted as loud as he could.

They continued to push on, however Bilbo slipped on a rock and almost fell over the cliff. However Dawlin and Bofur grabbed a hold of his arm and stopped him from falling off the cliff; they pulled him back.

"We must find shelter!" Thorin shouted at the top of his lungs.

"Look out!" Dawlin shouted.

Elirien looked up watching a rock fly through the sky. She ducked down as the rock impacted with the mountain eventually breaking into smaller pieces of rock.

"This is no thunderstorm! It's a thunder-battle!" Balin informed them. "Look!" Elirien lifted her head and watched as the rock-like man moved from the mountain.

"Well, bless me. The legends are true! Giants! Stone-giants!" Bofur yelled.

The stone-giant in front of them leaned forward throwing a large rock at another stone-giant that appeared behind them. The rock made impact with the giant knocking it back into the mountain.

"Take cover, you fool!"

"Hold on!"

The rock they were on started to tear apart down the middle indicating that they were not only on a trail but also on the knee of the stone-giant.