Chapter 24

"Alex mate, how are you?" Max says giving him a big hug. I quielty sit in my seat hoping I will soon get an explaination from either one of themm.

"I'm great, what about you man? How do you know Sky and Lexi?" Alex asks smiling between us. Max' smile drops immediately. 

"Wait, how do you know them?" Max asks questionally. 

"I'm dating Sky" Alex answers. Max stops moving looking between the two of us. 

"Um Alex, xan I talk to you privately for a minute please mate?" Max asks gesturing with his hands.

"Uh yeah" Alex gives me a quick kiss on my cheek before following Max into the male bathrooms.

"What the hell was that?" Lexi asks. She takes a bit of her chip then slurps her drink of Fanta.

"How do they know eachother?" I ask in a whisper almost asking myself the question rather than Lexi. 

A million things run through my head at that moment. Why was Max so surprised when Alex told him we were dating? Did he fancy us or something? No I immediatley shake that thougth out of my head. I knew he did'nt have any feeling for us whatsoever. 

"What if-" Lexi gets cut off my the return of the boys. I look Alex in the eyes but he looks anywhere but. Max smiles at me flatly. I know instantly something is up. 

"What's wrong?" Lexi asks before I got the chance.

"Nothing just havn't seen Alex in a while that's all" Max smiles at her patting Alex' back.

"Well um. I'll pick you up at seven Skylar, okay?" Alex asks looking at his feet or anywhere that happened not to be my eyes.

"Uh yeah?" I answer in more of a question term than an actaully answer.

"Well I better be off, Bye Sky, Lexi" Alex nods at us and leaves. I sit there for a moment absilutely shocked as to what has just happened. I didn't even get a kiss or get called 'babe' nothing, I look up to Max slightly angry as to what he said to Alex to make him this way. 

"Spill" Lexi says. Max looks taken back a bit.

"Nothing, I just know him thats all I swear" He surrenders. I look ato Lexi eyeing her to which she nods.

"Alright huns, I have college work to do later so lets do some shopping or shit, or whatever 

 ye do being girls and shit. I'm eating my burger then we leave" Max instructs taking a massive bite of his burger. I eat my portions of chips dipping them into my curry. I don't think anyone understands my love for chips and curry. No one. Not even n=me to be honest.

"What do you even study at college anyway?" Lexi asks Max taking a slurp from her drink. 

"I my dear friends am studying to become a physics teacher. I have two more years left of my degree in teaching  but then after that I want to go out and develop the physics aspect of it so that a school will see I am actually smart and not just a good looking chap" Max winks pumping his chest. I nearly choked on my drink when he said 'physics teacher' . I would never take him to be the smart guy out of that group. 

"Woah, way to go Max. What do the other guys study in college?" I ask trying to see if I will be just as surprised but his answer on that one.

"Zayn is doing art and art history, Liam is studying IT, Niall already finished his degree, Louis and Jake did'nt go to college. Jake works in his uncles garage who is said to be passing it down to him since he doesn't have any sons so Jake is trying to get as much as information as possible before he has it in his control. But he has been working there since he was fifteen so he has the reigns of the place now. Harry is doing accounting. He only has like one year left and he has a masters in it. You know Alex?  He goes to college with him." Max says as he crumples up his wrappers in his hands. 

I almost choke again, but this time on my own breathe. Alex my boyfriend went to college with my ex boyfriend. Lexi bursts out laughing at that moment. Is that why Alex was so weird with me? I look to Max dumbfounded. 

"Does he know about Harry and I?" I ask Max. Max looks me in the eyes for a few moments before answering.

"I just told him" He says rubbing the back of his neck. 

"Why would you tell him that?!" I hiss at him.

"He was going to find out either way Sky, we've known him for a long time" Max admits.

"He's right Sky, it's better he knows." Lexi agrees.