Chapter 8

Brad and Luke go in their racing cars to the location while I drive Lexi and I. 

"Just 15 minutes" Lexi says while looking down at her GPS on her phone. 

Just as I take a left turn I start to think why this race was so close to the other one.   I mean I know Jack died at the last one I just hope no one called this one to see another person die.  Immediately worry starts to build up for Brad and Luke.  These people that drive these cars in the races are dangerous.  I found out that most of them were gangs and it was al down to money and drugs.  Whoever won would make the most money for a gang.  I shouted at Brad, practically begging him  to stop but he assured me that Luke and him were not involved in any type of gang or drug circle.  He explained that Luke and him are being asked nearly every day to join a gang but they turn it down each time.  Luke being the so far undefeated racer makes him wanted even more.  Lexi told me that one day while they were out getting groceries for their mam,  four huge guys took them in a car and brought them to some warehouse.  They tried to force Luke into joining their gang but he refused each time.  The more Luke comes first and Brad second, the more gangs want them.  These races are not some silly car race you see on t.v or played as a child.  These are serious.  You never knew if someone has died until the end, unless you were staying at the paticular area were the car crashed.  Most of the time someone else is the cause, of either bucking your back wheel or just oushing you off the road. Its cruel.

"Are we going to start or end ?" I ask Lexi.

"I typed in the road so I am guessing it brings you to the start" She shrugs. After another ten minutes I park my car in a 'not so obvious' place, if the police just so happen to pop up.  We walk side by side until we go up to the boys.

"Good Luck, and dont play dirty ya here ?" Lexi points to Luke earning a laugh and him pulling her in for a hug.

"Oi Luky, is that your girl ?" Some guy our age comes up and asks with his friends. I almost gag at the thought.

"Fuck off, Dylan" Luke says.  Dylan laughs and walks away. I have never seen or heard of him before, which makes me think how much more new people have joined.

"Oi Come on into cars" Someone shouts.

"Good  Luck, Love you" I say giving Brad a hug. He laughs and replies back with an "i love you too" and a kiss on the head.

Engines roaring, crowd rearing, tyres screeching. "GO!" Boom. Cars speed off into the dark road engine screaming for them to be pushed farther beggin to be let loose.

"Now we have a while to kill" I say to Lexi.

We walk up a bit finding a small hill and sitting on it. " I didnt bring alcohol this time, damn" Lexi sighs. "Shit" I express, gasping for a drink right now.

Lexi and I were in deep conversation only to be interrupted by a figure sitting beside Lexi and a few more sitting around us.

"Well hello, Luke's girl. Im Dylan" Dylan smirks at Lexi, putting his arm around her shoulders.

"First of all, get the fuck off me and ew im not his girl ya perv" She snaps earning an "oh" from Dylans friends.

"Oh , not his girl ey ? What are you so ?" He asked seeming more interested.

"Whats it to you?"

"Your very fiesty you know that ?"He remarks.

"Oh hunny your not the first to say that ?" She laughs.

"Im his sister" She answers.

"What  about this one ?" Another boy, that is sitting beside me asks pointing to me. " Your not Brad's girl ?" He asks. Ew.  This is getting very gross.