5: We Meet Again

You ended up making the excuse that your phone was broken and you had to take it to the store in order for Mari to finally get off your back for not answering any of her messages

You ended up making the excuse that your phone was broken and you had to take it to the store in order for Mari to finally get off your back for not answering any of her messages. Part of you really wanted to tell her everything, she's your best friend after all, but you had made a promise to Namjoon and the others, and you had no intention of breaking it.

It's been over a week and a half and you haven't seen Taehyung since. Sometimes you would go out on your balcony and just look out into the city night, hoping that he would somehow show up. Tonight happens to be one of those nights, you aren't expecting anything really, but part of you deep down is still hoping he'll come. You look out at the city lights, resting your elbow on the railing, the night air is cool against your skin, as you feel a slight breeze brush over your face. You sigh looking down at the cars passing by.

"This is stupid," you mutter to yourself. "What did I expect?"

You straighten yourself up, and head back through the sliding door before making your way to the kitchen. You've been doing school work all day and figure you deserve a good meal, that's all you seem to be doing lately, getting your class work done and working about twice a week. Luckily, your grades haven't suffered much from the recent changes in your life, and your job hasn't been too stressful. Your job is more of something to pass the time because your parents have been mainly paying for your apartment. They live out in the suburbs but haven't really been present in your life other than that, they didn't really approve of your decision to leave home and go to the city, and you aren't particularly close, but at least they send you cash. You've also started carrying a small pocket knife and pepper spray in your bag for when you work late, remembering how Taehyung had warned you about going out at night.

You finish your food, and stare down at your empty bowl when you hear a faint knock coming from your balcony. You freeze in place for a second, your mind doubting what you heard. You skeptically walk towards the door and pull back the curtains to see a pair of grey eyes staring back at you. You blink a few times, thinking your brain is playing tricks on you, but he's really there. Without haste you unlock and slide open the door, stepping aside to let him enter.

"Hey."

"Hi." You step back, taking in his whole figure as he walks through the doorway. He seemed tired.

"I'm sorry, I would've come to see you sooner, but things have been a little hectic lately."

"It's okay, I know you probably have a lot to do." You both stand there for a moment, not really sure what to say.

"Have you eaten?" he finally speaks up.

"Yeah, I just made myself something." He nods in response, and there's another short pause. "Do you want to watch a movie?"

"Sure." You turn to your tv stand and start looking through your dvds.

"I hope you like romcoms."