16: A New Threat

You arrive at the base with Taehyung, earlier that morning Namjoon had called and asked you both to come in, you're hoping it's not too serious. You both enter and head to the main area to look for the other guys, but what you don't expect is to see your best friend sitting at the table half asleep with her head on Jungkook's shoulder.

"The hell?" Both Mari and Jungkook's heads pop up in your direction. "Mari? What are you doing here? And I thought you were mad at him." You point your finger at Jungkook.

"Oh, I stopped by yesterday like you suggested... and we kinda made up." She smiles and pokes Jungkook's side.

"Yeah, yeah." He struggles to hide his grin.

You raise an eyebrow and Taehyung takes a seat. "Wow, our kookie's finally growing up," he teases. "I honestly didn't expect it."

"Yeah, neither did I," you add, but Jungkook seems to just ignore you two. You then hear a yawn as Hoseok and Yoongi both enter.

"Good morning," Hoseok chimes and takes a seat.

"Morning," you respond, and Jimin then slowly follows behind and slumps into a chair. "Someone's not a morning person," you joke. He doesn't open his eyes and just hums in response to your comment. He then looks like he sniffs the air and perks his head up to look at Mari, it still amazes you how good their sense of smell is, the fact that he can tell someone different is there without having to look.

"Oh, hey Mari," he brings his head back down. "How was sleeping in Jungkook's room last night?" Mari's face quickly drops, and so does your jaw. You turn your head to your friend, Jungkook's eyes are wide, and he looks like he's about to pounce on Jimin.

"Ohhhh," Hoseok teases from across the table, even Yoongi's head snaps up in shock.

"I- It was fine... I mean it's not like anything happened..." She starts playing with her fingers to hide her embarrassment.

"Yeah hyung, so quit spying," Jungkook spits out.

"Hey, I was curious about this 'mission' she was on," he finger quotes. "You know, about the two-faced jerk she was rambling about." You break out into a laugh, and Jungkook just rolls his eyes.

"He's just kidding Jungkook, we're glad you guys made up, plus it's about damn time you get out." Taehyung bumps his friend on the arm and he smirks.

After a few more minutes of chatting, Namjoon and Jin finally walk into the room.

"Sorry guys, it took me a bit to get him out of bed." He gestures to Jin who nods and takes a seat.

"Yeah, yeah I'm here now, so let's start."

"So," Namjoon claps his hands together, and everyone looks up to him. "I have some news on the pressing situation, I just got news from Chan that his pack has been tracking Mark's scent, and recently one managed to pick it up in town." He must be talking about Felix. "He said that he ran into Taehyung and y/n coincidentally, right Tae?"

"Yeah, we ran into him last night, he said he picked up the scent and followed it to near us."

"So, that would only mean, he's been following either you, or y/n, and honestly I could be either."

"But, why would he follow either of them?" Jin questions.

"There may be a couple of options..." Namjoon sits back in a chair. "It may be because of y/n's involvement in the mission, it could be because our clan got in his way, or he may specifically be targeting Taehyung because of Soyoung... any of them are possible."