26: Back on Track

Your eyes slowly begin to flutter open, the bright morning light peeking in through your blinds and illuminating the room

Your eyes slowly begin to flutter open, the bright morning light peeking in through your blinds and illuminating the room. You feel a breath against your shoulder before you feel a warm nuzzle into your neck. You twist your head around to find Taehyung's nose resting against the skin of your neck, his chest is pressed against your back, and you can feel each of his breaths. A grin spreads across your face as you look at him, and you then feel his grip around your waist tighten as his lips curl up into a smirk.

"Tae?" He doesn't respond, continuing to tuck his face into your skin. "Tae, I know you're awake." He doesn't open his eyes, instead he lifts a finger up to his lips.

"Shh, everything's perfect like this," he whispers, causing you to laugh as he snuggles back into you.

He then leans forward and begins to press kisses on your neck, pecking you repeatedly. You start to giggle, and he brings his hands around to twist you to face him, all the while he continues his relentless kisses over your neck, now trailing them up to your cheek as he grins.

"Tae stop, that tickles." You try to lean away, but that only makes his smile wider, and he chases after you, pulling on your arms to bring you back to his lips. His eyes are now open, and he stops his attack long enough for you to meet his gaze. He leans forward, but this time places a singular sweet kiss on your lips.

"Good morning, Taehyung," you say with a grin.

"Good morning," he smiles and you brush his hair out of the way as your eyes flick back and forth between each other.

"I really missed this."

"Which part? The snuggly kisses or the sex?" he asks, and you chuckle while shaking your head. You then lean forward, resting your head against his chest as you pull him close with your arms.

"All of it," you say, and he hums in response, placing a kiss on the top of your head.

"Me too."

You spend the next few minutes cuddling in each other's arms, neither of you wanting to move. He's right after all, in moments like these, everything is perfect, and you wanted nothing more than to just stay like that. But as the minutes seem to fly by you finally perk your head back up.

"We should probably take a shower."

"Do we have to get up?" he whines.

"Sadly, I don't think we should be lying in bed all day." He slumps back against the sheets and you laugh at his childish behavior. "Come on." You stand and head to the bathroom, and he watches your figure as you enter.

"Hurry up, Taehyung! Or you'll be showering alone!" And with that, he gets to his feet and scurries over to you.

_______________________

You and Taehyung enter the base hand in hand, you practically skip through the door, unable to hide the happiness of being back. It's been way too long science you've gotten to talk with everyone.