38: Chasing

"Hey? Hey! Wake Up," a familiar voice says, and Namjoon groans, his head is pounding and his throat extremely dry

"Hey? Hey! Wake Up," a familiar voice says, and Namjoon groans, his head is pounding and his throat extremely dry. "Namjoon, wake up." His eyes flutter open, he's not in his home, in fact he's in the middle of an alleyway, his back leaning up against a concrete wall.

"Are you alright?" Namjoon looks up to see none other than Yoongi knelt in front of him, for some reason his eyes are filled with sadness. "Here." He holds out a strange bottle. "You'll need this." Namjoon takes the bottle and unscrews the cap.

"What is this?"

"Blood," he says, and Namjoons eyes go wide. He's about to return the bottle when a smell reaches his nostrils, and without hesitation he brings the bottle to his lips and gulps down every last drop, while Yoongi just watches him drink. When he removes the bottle from his lips, he looks at the man in front of him.

"Where am I? And how did -oh my god!" Namjoon suddenly notices the dead body at the other end of the alley, and he slides back.

"He's dead," Yoongi states, and Namjoon snaps up. "I'm guessing you don't remember anything?" He shakes his head. "Well, you died, let's get that one out of the way first." He gives a sad laugh. "I found you feeding on this man late last night. I smelt blood, but the last person I was expecting to find was you. I already knew something had happened when I couldn't sense your heartbeat like I did before. You passed out from exhaustion after drinking all his blood."

"Who is he?"

Yoongi shrugs. "Some wealthy drunk man. He was already dead when I found you." Namjoon nods and sits there for a second to think, and that's when one notices it. Yoongi doesn't have a heartbeat.

"You're, you're a-"

"Vampire? Yeah, so are you." Namjoon shakes his head.

"I- I don't understand... how..."

"You must've gotten bit last night, and that vampire's blood had to have been in your system, or else you would have died for real." Namjoon presses his hand to his forehead.

"Jin." He stands up and quickly starts walking down the alley.

"Hey!" Yoongi chases after him. "Where are you going?"

"I need to find Jin."

"Who?"

"My friend, the one... the one who bit me." Yoongi pauses for a second, but continues to walk alongside Namjoon.

They finally make it back to the small house. When he enters the bedroom, blood is splattered everywhere, and against the back wall, a small figure is curled up.

"Jin?" he calls out, and Jin lifts his head up, his eyes widen as he sees Namjoon standing in the doorway, who runs over and kneels down.

"Oh my god." Jin sits up and the two of them embrace one another. Namjoon can feel Jin's tears soaking his shirt, he must've been so afraid, so confused.