4: A New World

You both step outside his apartment building

You both step outside his apartment building. You were still taken aback by Taehyung's words, so you hadn't noticed until now that he had taken your hand, your fingers now intertwined as you walked. You can feel the blush now forming in your cheeks, you weren't sure if he had even noticed himself, but you aren't going to be the one to say anything. He then calls a cab over to head to his so-called 'headquarters.'

"Why don't we just, you know, speed run there?"

He turns to you with a slight chuckle. "It's the middle of the afternoon y/n."

"...Right," you say, slightly embarrassed before getting into the cab.

After a few short minutes of driving you arrive at an old looking building, it looks like it's been abandoned for years, not any headquarters or base you would have thought of. You step out of the car, Taehyung's hand still in yours as you enter the building, he then stops in front of the entrance before continuing and stepping through what seems to be some sort of barrier. He leads you forward into the room and turns to look at you.

"We had a warlock cast a spell on the building, so only certain people can enter, that's why I had you hold my hand." And here you thought he just wanted to hold your hand.

You walk through the short entryway and find yourselves in a very open room, a large desk in the center, small sets of steps leading off to different areas of the building. One side seems to be filled with various computers and devices while the other looks like a training area with weapons hanging on the sides of the wall by an open floor. You both walk up to the table, and Taehyung says you can have a seat for now, so you do so, sitting on one of the various swivel chairs as he looks around the room. You continue to gaze around the building when you're suddenly snapped out of your thoughts.

"Why the hell is a human in here?" You turn your head to a young man that seems to walk in from a hallway, and you don't like the death stare he's giving you.

"Hey, Jungkook," Taehyung says as you watch the other male take a seat at the table. "I brought her here to see Namjoon, and the rest of you." He seems to be trying to ease him into accepting your presence, but ultimately failing by the look on the man's face.

"Hi, I'm y/n," you muster out in the most polite tone you can manage. You continue to try and introduce yourself before he interrupts.

"She shouldn't be here," Jungkook says to Taehyung.

Now you are more than annoyed with this rude attitude, he didn't even seem interested in addressing you. You glance over at Taehyung, who seems to match your level of annoyance with the younger man.

"She's not a threat."

"She's a human." He sends you a glare.

"Can you just get Namjoon?"