8: Trouble

Taehyung POV

I can feel my leg bouncing as my nerves grow. I wish I could have gone in with her, just to make sure she was safe, but they would be able to sense my presence and then the whole mission would be a bust.

"Taehyung," Namjoon calls. "Don't worry so much, she'll be fine. She's tough." He's right, but I can't shake the feeling that something is going to go wrong. "Look, Yoongi already said that she's communicating with him and things seem to be going smoothly." I nod and take a deep breath. "You two have gotten pretty close huh?" I look up to meet his eyes.

"Yeah, we have." He squats down next to me.

"Do you love her?"

"I- I don't know." I'm being honest though, I'm not really sure how I felt, all I know is that I felt drawn to her. Sure, at first I was because of her beauty, but after talking with her so many times, it was like nothing I've ever felt before, now I just want to protect her. The air around us goes silent for a little while.

"Have you told her yet? About what happened?" My mind instantly knows what he is talking about, my eyes lower to the ground.

"No."

"You're gonna have to tell her, Tae."

"...I know, it's just..." I stand up to look at him. "I don't want her to think I'm a monster."

"You're not a monster, and it wasn't your fault."

"But, will she think that?" He's silent. I nod and turn away.

"No, I don't think she will," he says from behind me. I sigh and turn back to watch the entrance, looking for anything suspicious, then I notice a familiar girl walking into the building. "That's y/n's friend," I mutter.

"What?"

"One of y/n's friends just went into the club."

"Do you think that will be a problem?" I pause and think for a second.

"I hope not."

"Well, if it is, she'll tell Yoongi and he'll let us know."

A couple more uneventful minutes pass as I keep my eye on the building's exit. I can feel my anxiety growing, they should have come out by now, or we should have at least heard something. Namjoon hears his phone buzz and he pulls it out of his pocket.

"What is it?... What?" I look up to see Namjoon glancing at me nervously. "Do you know why?... Uh huh... Just keep listening for now, I'll call you if we see anything."

"What is it?"

"Yoongi said she's not responding."

"What?" I stand up. "What do you mean she's not responding?"

"He doesn't know, he said she told him there was a problem before she was cut off." I tense my jaw and look back at the building again.

"I'm going in."

Namjoon then stands in front of me. "No, you're not."

"Get out of my way, hyung." I grit my teeth.

"Look, if you go in, the whole mission is a waste. Y/n is still in there, and eventually they'll have to come out. They can't just kill in a public area." I still don't back down.

"If she's caught they might be on to us, are you sure there aren't any exits we don't know about?" He doesn't respond quickly, meaning he's not sure. He then pulls out his phone.

"Jungkook, we have a situation, Taehyung's going to take over your position. I need you to sweep the area for any signs of y/n or any other ways they could have exited the building."