30: Changes

Another week passes, and nothing much has come out of the following days, so you reluctantly start spending more time at home. Of course, Taehyung comes to visit almost every night, either that or you go to his apartment, you've even started keeping clothes and food at his place, and at the base for when you stayed over.

Today, you're over at his place, putting away some dishes after finishing your meal. You suddenly perk up, hearing the delicate trickle of piano keys coming from the other room, and you follow the sound to see Taehyung at his keyboard, playing a slow and lovely tune while humming in a low voice, it's very deep, with a delicate silk like sound. You walk over to watch him as he plays with the keys.

"I've never heard you play before," you say with a grin, and he looks up to notice your presence.

"Hm? Oh, yeah... I guess I haven't had any free time as of late to play." He looks down at the keyboard, and you take a seat at the bench next to him.

"You really do have a beautiful voice. You should sing more often."

"It's not that good." He blushes and looks away.

"You're kidding right? That sounded heavenly," you smile, and glance over the piece in front of him. "I've never heard this song before."

"Yeah, probably because I wrote it," he says, and your jaw drops open.

"What? I didn't know you wrote music." You look closer at the sheet of paper.

"I don't do it too often anymore, I haven't had any inspiration for a while."

"Can you play it again?" You lift your gaze up to meet him, his grey eyes staring back into yours.

"Sure."

He gently places his fingers on the keys and starts to play a melody, it's very slow, but with a beautiful and captivating sound. He plays a few more notes and begins to sing in a soft, breathy voice, again hearing his deep tone, it's almost hypnotic the way his vocals could pull you in. You carefully listen to each note of the song, it's soothing, and calm, and also a bit melancholy, but in the best way possible.

His hands dance across the piano with ease, completely lost in his own world, his eyes falling shut as he continues to fill the room with his angelic voice. Even when he went up to higher notes, his voice still had this unique texture to it that sounded soulful, pouring his heart and emotions into each word.

He reaches the end of the song, removing his hands from the keys and fluttering his eyes open again. You're at a loss of words. He turns to meet your gaze.

"Tae, that was beautiful," you say, and he grins shyly. "What's the song called?"

"Scenery," he says, and shifts his eyes from the keys to you.

"Well, it's amazing," you smile. "And so is your voice." He turns to hide his growing grin.

Taehyung then returns his hands to the piano and begins to play small melodies. The two of you stay completely silent as you listen to the graceful tap of the keys, spending the next couple of minutes lost in your own minds as the music plays overhead.

Finally, Taehyung ceases his playing and you pout.

He laughs at your reaction. "Why don't we go out? Spend some time out together?"

"What's with the sudden urge?"

"What? Am I not allowed to take my girl out for a nice night?" He leans closer to nudge your arm.

"I never said that." You poke his nose. "Sure, let's go."

_______________________

"Yeah, I went down there the other night. There wasn't anything I could pick out," Taemin explains, pointing at the map.