39: Friends and Foes

"You guys go talk to him, he might be intimidated if there's a large group

"You guys go talk to him, he might be intimidated if there's a large group."

"Alright," Namjoon nods, and the two of them head across the room, meanwhile Yoongi takes a seat at the table, opposite of Hoseok.

"You guys seem really serious," Hoseok comments.

"Yeah, well we've been trying to get here for some time, warlocks aren't exactly easy to come by." He glances at the younger man. "Then again neither are vampires." Hoseok's lips curl up. "Are you part of a clan?"

"No," Hoseok shakes his head with a grin. "There aren't really any clans around here, at least none that are local to the area." Yoongi nods in response.

"...Are you just by yourself?" he asks, and the man presses his lips together, his eyes looking down at the table as the bright smile fades from his face.

"I'm taking care of my sister." He lifts his eyes back up, but Yoongi still gives him a blank expression. "She's been having a hard time getting around with her old age, and her kids have had a lot on their plates lately." The air between the two of them goes silent for a moment, before Yoongi speaks again.

"Does she know?" he asks, and a small bit of Hoseok's smile returns.

"Yeah... she does." He tilts his head to the side. "She was the one who begged them to turn me..."

Yoongi looks at him skeptically, but after a moment of pondering he seems to reach a conclusion. "You were going to die?"

Hoseok slowly nods his head, but there isn't much sadness, it's more like he's confirming the fact. If his sister is elderly, then that would mean this happened many years ago, perhaps it is something that he's already accepted.

"She begged the doctors to do anything, and he happened to be a vampire." Yoongi follows along. "He told her what would happen, but she just wanted me to live." There's another short silence before either of them speak again.

"She must really love her brother then," Yoongi says, and a smile spreads over Hoseok's face.

Namjoon and Jin take a seat opposite Soobin, the tall warlock raises a brow at the two unfamiliar men across from him.

"Can I help you?" Namjoon and Jin look back between one another.

"We need your help." Soobin sighs and glances at them.

"Sorry, I don't do jobs." He goes to stand, but Namjoon grabs his arm.

"This isn't a regular job... A lot of people's lives are at stake." Soobin tilts his head to the side. "We need you to seal a demon away."

Soobin returns to his seat, curiosity imminent in his expression, and he brings his hands up to rest on the table top. Namjooon looks back over to Jin, who nods his head, and Namjoon then begins to speak.