42: Stay with Me

"Where's Taehyung?" Jin asks the assembled group.

"I assumed he was in his room. I was talking to him a while ago and I thought he was going to go feed," Jimin says, looking around at the group.

"Well, he's not there," Namjoon states.

"You don't think he went out to look alone?" Yoongi says from his chair.

"I doubt that he would have at least told someone, besides he seemed fine earlier. Well, as fine as he could be anyway." Jimin leans his hands on the table.

"I'll go look around," Hoseok says before running down the hall.

Their attention is then caught as Jungkook enters the room, Mari follows behind him.

"Is this really the time?" Yoongi wines.

"Nice to see you too," Mari remarks. "And actually, I'm here to see if there's any news, I've been trying my best to help look too, you know."

"I told you not to worry." Jungkook turns to her. "You could get hurt if you go searching."

"Jungkook, she's my best friend. I know you're concerned, but I'm not just gonna sit back and do nothing when she's out there somewhere." Jungkook sighs and shakes his head.

"Guys!" Everyone's eyes snap to the corridor, Hoseok comes running out. "We have a problem," he says while holding up a small paper. "I found it on the floor, along with a spilled blood pack." Jimin takes it in his hands and begins to read, before bringing the note to his nose.

"Shit," he mutters and hands the paper to Namjoon, whose eyes go wide.

"That idiot."

"What does it say?" Yoongi asks.

"Soyoung's luring him to a trap." Jimin straightens and begins to pace.

Namjoon hands the note to Yoongi, who reads the words as the scent hits his nose. "That's y/n's blood..."

"I'm going after him," Jimin states and heads towards the door.

"Wait, we need to be prepared. I'll call Soobin. We can't just rush into this."

"If we don't he's going to die." Jimin's expression is serious. "I'm going after him."

"Me too." Jungkook steps forward.

"If you're going then I am too," Mari chimes in.

"No." He turns his head to her.

"You'll just get in the way," Yoongi adds.

She stomps her foot. "I may not be immortal, but I can help!"

"It's not safe," Namjoon tells her, but she's not about to give up.

"I won't do anything to get myself in danger. Once you guys get y/n to safety, I'll take care of her so you can have Jungkook to help fight."

Namjoon sighs. "If he's okay with it." He gestures to Jungkook.

She turns and takes Jungkook's hand. "Please."

"Promise me you won't do anything stupid."

"I promise." She places her hand on her heart.

Jimin returns from the hall, no one had even noticed him leave -he's holding two large blood packs.

"Let's go."

"You're actually serious about going?" Jin throws him a look.

"Yes, hyung. I am."

"Do you even know where he is?" Jin looks at him.