Chapter 25: Sticky Situation

Alya, Nino, Marinette and Dante are at Alya's home. Alya and Nino were playing a dancing games while Marinette was on her phone looking at a news report with Dante by her side.

Dante: "What are you reading Mari?"

Marinette: "Just a news report. Apparently there have been a lot of robberies as of late."

Dante: "Do they know who is committing the robberies?"

Marinette: "No, they items they steal are inconsistent and they leave no trace behind. The only reason why people know the robberies are happening is because they leave a calling card behind."

Dante: "Huh, that's pretty interesting." 'As if I don't already know who it is. Nicholas has been taking any magical object that he can find and giving it to my alter ego. He could learn a few more skills with the amount of points he has racked up. Still though I didn't expect him to be such a capable theif or to have flair while doing it.' "You think Ladybug will have to get involved?"

Marinette: "Hopefully not. I'm sure that the police could handle it. It's not like the theif has super powers."

Dante looked away from her because the theif did indeed have super powers. The two of them then hear Nino say that it's time for the big finish so they pay attention to what's in front of them. Nino was able to win, but ended up in a silly pose. Marinette and Alya start laughing as Nora enters the apartment.

Nora: "Aw, shoot. Did I miss the ballet?"

Alya: Nora, is your match over already?

Nora: (puts down her bag) "First round: total knockout. Huh-huh-huh." (punches the air) "As usual." (whispering into Alya's ear) "I told you a hundred times not to call me Nora in front of people, little sis." (to the rest) "The name is Anansi, like a spider."

Dante: "Really? That seems like a poor choice for boxer."

Nino: "Why do you say that?"

Dante: "Anansi is a god of stories not fighting. Plus he is well known for tricking and talking his way out of trouble because he was weak compared to his enemies."

Nora: "It still leaves an impact! It is what I am known for! That's why I want to be called that!"

Alya: "Sure, I'll call you Anansi when you stop calling me 'little sis'."

Nora: "Anyway, what are you all still doing here this late? Don't you have school tomorrow?"

Marinette and Nino avert their eyes bashfully.

Alya: "We're waiting for it to get dark. It's the World Cup fireworks show tonight, remember? We're gonna watch from the Place de la Concorde Ferris wheel."

Nora: (spits out her drink) "Oh no! Baguette and cappie can go with assassin boy if they want, but you're staying here." (crushes a milk carton under her hand) "It's way too dangerous."

Marinette: "But Nora-I mean, Anansi, you can't do that!"

Nino: "Yeah, no way dude, we're not going without Alya!"

Alya: "Listen, I appreciate you worrying about me and all, but I'm not a little girl anymore. Besides, Mom and Dad are totally cool with it."

Nora: "Tsk-tsk-tsk-tsk, there have been way too many akumatized peeps in Paris these last few weeks. Look how many times you've been in direct danger. So you're staying home, safe and sound, period!"

Alya: "That's so ridiculous! The twins were akumatized right here at home."

Nora: "Well, that would've never happened on my watch. I won't let anybody mess with my family."