Chapter 2

Harper's POV
I woke up as my alarm went off. I went into Summer's room to wake her up. She got up. I picked out her clothes. I went to make breakfast as she got dressed. I was plating up the pancakes when I heard a loud noise, followed by crying. I rushed into Summer's bedroom and what I saw made me cry. She was sat on the floor holding her head. I saw blood.

"What happened sweetheart?" I asked. She moved her hand off of her face and I saw a cut on her forehead.

"I hit it on the door." She cried.

"It's okay, let's go to the hospital." I said. I picked her up.

"I'm cold." She said. I grabbed a blanket and wrapped it around her. I loaded her in the car. I got to med and I rushed in there. A red haired doctor came up to me.

"I need help. My daughter hit her head on the door." I said.

"I feel dizzy." Summer said. The doctor took her off of me and he went into a treatment room. He sat her on the bed and she stopped crying.

"I'm Doctor Halstead, but you can call me Will." He said to me.

"Any relation to Jay?" I asked.

"I'm his brother." He said and I nodded.

"I'm Hailey's twin sister. I just started Intelligence." I said and he smiled.

"Is she okay?" I asked.

"She'll definitely need stitches. I think she has a concussion. I'm going to need to do an MRI." He said.

"An MRI? Is she going to be okay?" I asked.

"I won't know until I get the scans back." He said and I nodded. I went into the waiting room and sat with my head in my hands while Will took Summer for scans. I realised that I was late for work. I called hailey. I was crying.

"Hello?"

"Hailey, it's me."

"You're late for work. Wait, are you crying?"

"I'm at the hospital with Summer."

"Is she alright?"

"I went to make breakfast this morning and I heard a loud noise and crying. I went into her room. She hit her head on the door. She has a pretty big cut. She needs stitches. The doctor has taken her for an MRI. I asked if she was going to be okay and he said he couldn't confirm anything. I'm scared hailey. I can't lose her. I need her."

"Okay, I'm on my way."

"But you're at work"

"We haven't got a case. The team is on their way."

"You guys don't need to waste your time, I'm just sat here."

"We are a family. One of us is hurt, we are all there."

"Thank you."

I hung up the phone and sat with my head in my hands. After a few minutes, I heard hailey.

"Harper!" She said. I stood up and she hugged me.

"I don't want her to die." I said.

"She's not going to die. She's too much like you to die." She said and I smiled slightly.

"Where is she now?" Voight asked.

"Umm, Jay's brother is the one treating her. He took her for an MRI." I said. I started pacing.

"Harper, stop pacing, you're making me dizzy." Hailey said. I didn't stop. I started chuckling. Hailey looked at me confused.

"Remember when I found out I was pregnant. I literally cried for days. I can't believe I thought about abortion. I was a scared 20 year old kid. I mean, I wouldn't change her for the world. I hate that the only reason she is alive is because some monster raped me on the way home from the gym." I said pacing. I felt everyone's eyes on me. It probably shocked them. Hailey grabbed a hold of me and sat me down.

"Stop pacing." She said. Suddenly, Will came into the waiting room. I stood up.

"Is she okay?" I asked.

"She has no head injury. The MRI came back clean. She has no concussion. I have stitched her up. She's good to go." He said and I smiled.

"Thank you." I said. He took me towards Summer's room.

"Momma!" She said. I headed over to her and picked her up.

"Dr Will said I was brave. He gave me a lollipop and a sticker." She said smiling.

"Did you say thank you?" I asked and she nodded. I carried her out to where everybody was. She saw hailey and practically jumped out of my arms.

"Auntie hailey!" She shouted. Hailey picked her up and hugged her tightly.

"Thank god you are okay." She said.

"Auntie hailey, you are squishing me." Summer said giggling. Hailey pulled away from her.

"Are you sure you are okay?" Hailey asked.

"Can I have chocolate cake?" Summer asked.

"That answers that question." She said and I chuckled. I took Summer home. She went down for a nap. I went to sit down when I heard the door open. I turned around to see hailey and the rest of the team. Hailey dove onto the couch.

"Come on in." I said sarcastically. She chuckled.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"The Blackhawks game is on and your tv is better than mine." Hailey said. They all sat on the couch. They all fitted, since my couch is huge.

"Does anyone want anything to drink?" I asked.

"Have you got beer?" Hailey asked.

"Yeah, I have it for when my sister barges in my house." I said and everyone started laughing. I got beers for everyone. I jumped on hailey.

"Get off of me you pig." She complained.

"Whore." I replied. I sat in between hailey and Adam. We started watching the game. All of a sudden, I heard a slight crying sound.

"Can you hear that?" I asked.

"Yeah, I can." Kim replied. I got up and went into Summer's room. She was sat up and tears were rolling down her cheeks.

"What's wrong my love?" I asked.

"I woke up and you weren't there." She cried.

"Oh Summer, come here sweetheart." I said. I picked her up and rocked her slightly. She calmed down after a few minutes.

"Why don't we go into the living room. Auntie hailey is there, and some of the people I work with are there." I suggested and she nodded.

"I love you momma." She said kissing my cheek. My heart warmed.

"I love you too Summer." I said and she smiled. I carried her into the living room and sat down with her.

"Who are these people?" She asked tilting her head.

"These are our friends." Hailey said.

"That one looks like a teddy bear." She said pointing at Adam. Everyone started laughing.

"I'm Adam." He said.

"Summer." She said putting her hand out for him to shake. He shook her hand and I started laughing. She was introduced to everyone. She sat laying on me.

"I think auntie hailey should dress up as a clown for Halloween." Summer blurted out and everyone started laughing.

"The last time hailey dressed up for Halloween was when we were in 10th grade. She was a slutty angel and I was a slutty devil." I said.

"What does slutty mean?" She asked and I froze.

"Does anyone want another beer?" I asked trying to change the subject. I got some food for everyone.

"I just remembered. That was the Halloween party that I woke up naked next to Hailey's boyfriend." I said and everyone started laughing.

"I'm still mad about that." She said and I started laughing.

We all hung out for the rest of the day watching tv.