Chapter 13

Harper's POV
I woke up and rolled over, hoping to see Adam's adorable face he has in the morning. I frowned when I saw the bed empty. I was about to get up, when he came in our room and broke down crying. I was shocked. I rushed over to him.

"Hey hey hey, what's wrong?" I asked and he cried harder. I brought him over to our bed and laid down with him. I held his head to my chest. I decided to let him cry it out for a bit. His cries soon turned into choked sobs. I rubbed his back.

"Shh, it's okay baby boy." I said against his head. He looked up at me. His eyes were red and puffy.

"Can you tell me what's going on?" I asked and he nodded slowly.

"My mom had a heart attack. They had to resuscitate her." He said and I immediately pulled him into me.

"I got you, it's okay. I'm here for you, whatever you need. I love you bubba." I said before kissing his head.

"Thank you. I love you too." He muttered. Suddenly, I heard little footsteps. I looked up and saw Summer climbing on the bed.

"Why is daddy crying? Is he sad?" She asked.

"Yeah, he's sad." I said softly. Summer moved on top of Adam and cuddled into his chest.

"Cuddles help." She said and I smiled. I brought Adam's head onto my chest and ran my fingers through his hair, in attempt to comfort him. He hummed in response.

"I'm sorry for crying earlier. I probably looked like an idiot." He said.

"Adam, just because you're a guy, that doesn't mean you can't cry, okay? I am here for you. If you want to talk, we can talk. If you want me to hold you and never let go, I will do that. If you want to me to kiss your head continuously, I will. If you want to cry on me, I will hold you. I am here for you always, never forget that." I said and he smiled. He kissed me.

"I've got you bubba." I said.

"Please don't call me that. It makes me seem like a baby. I'm the man in the relationship." He said and I chuckled slightly.

"I can't help it, you're too damn adorable." I said.

"Oh god, that's worse. Why can't you call me handsome or hot? Why do you have to call me cute names?" He asked pouting and I kissed his head.

"Because you're my baby boy and I love you." I said.

"I love you too." He replied.

"I love you three!" Summer said excitedly. Adam and I chuckled. We got out of bed and I made breakfast. We sat at the table eating. Well, Summer and I were eating, Adam was moving his food around with his fork.

"I know your appetite isn't up, but you need to eat Adam. Can you have a little bit, for me?" I asked and he smiled. He took a few bites of his bacon and eggs.

"Momma, can I go to auntie Hailey's and auntie Kim's house today?" Summer asked, tilting her head.

"I'll ask them." I said and she nodded. I pulled out my phone and texted hailey.

-Harper
Hey. Summer wants to play with you and Kim. Can she come over?

-Hailey
We're not at home. We're sat in the waiting room at med. Will just called Kim saying that a 14 year old girl showed up in the ED with a broken arm. She said that she was from New York looking for her birth mom in Chicago. Will ran the DNA and it turns out Kim's her mom. She's telling me the story later.

-Harper
Okay wow, that's big. I'm here if you need anything.

-Hailey
Xxx