Chapter 8

Hailey's POV
I was in my kitchen making breakfast for Kim and I. Suddenly, I felt a pair of arms snake around my waist. I turned to look at Kim and smiled.

"Did you sleep good?" I asked.

"Yeah, but I missed you when I woke up." She said and I kissed her. I finished making pancakes and we ate together. Afterwards, we sat on the couch under a blanket and cuddled. We started to make out. We were interrupted by her phone buzzing. She received a text from her mom. She started crying and showed me it.

-Mom
I heard that you are dating a girl. Either you break up with her, or you don't speak to me again.

I sighed and wrapped my arms around her. She buried her head in my chest and held onto my shirt. I moved her hair out of her face and kissed her head.

"I'm so sorry baby. If you want to end things with me, I get it." I said sadly. She looked up at me and her eyes met mine. She kissed me softly.

"I'm not breaking up with you; I love you." She said and I smiled.

"I love you too." I replied. She was still crying slightly and I started rubbing her back.

"I'm sorry I'm crying." She said wiping her eyes.

"You have nothing to apologise for my love." I said and she rested her head against my chest. Kim's phone buzzed again and she looked at me concerned. She picked it up and showed me the text. It was from her sister.

-Nicole
I'm no longer talking to mom. I heard about you and hailey. I love you no matter what.

She smiled at me and rested back against my chest. I kissed her head and started crying. She looked at me concerned.

"Hey, what is it?" She asked. I hugged her tightly and she looked at me confused.

"I love you so much." I said and she chuckled slightly.

"I love you more hails." She said. I looked up at her and pouted.

"Not possible." I said and she smiled.

"Let's watch a movie." She suggested and I nodded. She put a horror movie on. We were midway through the movie and I scoffed.

"What?" Kim asked.

"This part of a horror movie is the same. It's always someone going where they are not supposed to and getting killed. You say, 'don't go there. Don't open the door' but they are stupid enough to anyway." I said and she chuckled. I smiled at her. Suddenly, my phone started to ring. I picked it up and put it to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hailey, it's Adam. I'm at Harper's. We were just kissing and then she started to breathe funny. She's having a panic attack and I can't calm her down."

"Okay, I'm on my way."

I hung up the phone. I got up quickly and put my shoes on. Kim looked at me concerned. I told her what was happening and she got up. We quickly drove to Harper's house. I walked through the door and into the living room. Harper was sat on the floor hugging her knees. I rushed over to her.

"Harper, look at me." I said and she looked up.

"Can you breathe for me?" I asked, demonstrating what I wanted her to do. She had calmed down a bit and I took her into the bathroom, wanting to give her a bit of privacy away from Adam. She was sat on the floor.

"Can you tell me what caused this panic attack?" I asked softly. She looked up with tears in her eyes.

"I don't know really. Adam and I were kissing. He asked me to be his girlfriend. I said yes. I got really nervous." She answered.

"Why did you get nervous?" I asked.

"Because I'm scared he's going to rush me into having sex. I mean, I'm probably ready, but I don't want to be pressured into it." She said and I sighed.

"He won't pressure you into anything, you have to talk to him." I said and she looked at me worriedly.

"He's going to think it's stupid. He's going to end things." She said crying. I hugged her.

"No he's not, you have to talk to him." I said and she nodded. We walked back into the living room. Kim and I left and went back to my place.

Harper's POV
Kim and hailey left and I was sat on the couch with Adam. There was an awkward tension between us.

"Harper, did I do something that caused the panic attack. If I did, just tell me." Adam said. I looked at him with tears in my eyes.

"Umm no, you didn't do anything. It's just, umm." I said hesitantly.

"What is it?" He asked. I held his hands in mine.

"Umm, I'm going to tell you something. If you don't want to see me anymore, I get it." I said.

"What is it?" He asked.

"I haven't had sex since the rape nearly 6 years ago. I had the panic attack because I'm scared you are going to pressure me into having sex." I admitted looking down. I started to cry. Surprisingly, Adam pulled me into a hug.

"I will never pressure you into anything Harper, I promise you." He said and I smiled slightly.