Chapter 7

Harper's POV
I was just finishing up at work. It was only hailey, Adam and I left.

"Can I watch Summer tonight?" Hailey asked.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because she's better company than you." She said and I chuckled.

"Sure." I said. Hailey left to get Summer. I went to leave when Adam stopped me. He looked nervous, which surprised me.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked.

"Will you go out on a date with me?" He asked and I smiled. I was shocked. I didn't think Adam liked me.

"Sure." I said and he smiled.

"Tonight, I'll pick you up at 7." He said and I nodded. I headed home and saw hailey and Summer sitting on the couch. I shrieked and they both looked at me.

"I'm freaking out. Adam asked me out. What am I going to wear? What am I going to do?" I asked getting nervous.

"Calm down. I'll help you pick something to wear." She said.

"I don't even know where we are going, how am I supposed to know how to dress?" I asked.

"It's okay, I know what you are doing." She said and I looked at her shocked.

"You knew he was going to ask me out?" I asked.

"Yeah." She replied.

"And you didn't tell me because......" I said.

"Because it would've ruined the surprise." She said and I smiled. She picked out a cute dress for me to wear. I got ready and walked into the living room.

 I got ready and walked into the living room

"You look beautiful momma." Summer said and I smiled.

"Thank you my love." I said kissing her head.

"Why am I so nervous?" I asked.

"Because you like Adam." Hailey answered.

"I barely even know him." I said and she rolled her eyes.

"You've known each other for nearly 2 months, and you guys are partners." She said. I was about to say something, but I was interrupted by a knock at the door. I looked at hailey nervously.

"Good luck, have fun." She said and I smiled. I opened the door and saw Adam standing there.

"Hey, you ready to go?" He asked.

"Yeah." I answered. We left and went to his truck. He opened the door for me and I smiled. He got in the driver's side. I had no idea where we were going. He stopped the truck on a hill overlooking Chicago. There was grass and trees.

"What are we doing here?" I asked. He didn't say anything. He got out of the car and came over to my side. He opened the door and helped me out. He took the cover off the back of his truck to reveal blankets and pillows, with a picnic basket of food. My eyes welled up. He must've noticed because his face filled with worry.

"Do you not like it?" He asked, scared he had screwed things up.

"It's perfect." I said smiling. He helped me into the back of the truck and we sat under the pile of blankets. He grabbed a remote control and I looked at him confused. He pressed the power button and a bunch of twinkly lights wrapped around trees turned on.

"Oh my god." I said shocked. I've never been treated like this before. We started to eat. He made cute little snacks. I never really saw Adam as the cute and cuddly type. I always thought he was one of those people that's only in a relationship for sex. I guess I was wrong. I picked up a grape, threw it in the air, and caught it in my mouth. Adam smiled at me. I chuckled and kissed his cheek. As the night went on, I snuggled up to him more. I don't think he was complaining though. I started to get cold. He must've noticed because he grabbed a big fluffy blanket and wrapped it around me. I had no idea what I was feeling, but I took my chances. I leaned in slowly and pressed a soft kiss onto his lips. He continued for a few seconds before we both pulled back. I smiled and cuddled into his side. He wrapped his arm around me and kissed my head.

After a couple of hours, we decided to go home. He drove to my house and parked up outside. I unbuckled my seatbelt and kissed him.

"Thank you for the best night ever." I said and he smiled. I went inside my house. Hailey was watching tv and Summer was asleep in her lap.

"Hey, how'd it go?" She asked as I sat down next to her.

"It was amazing; probably the best night of my life. We kissed." I said and she smiled.

"I love Kim." She blurted out. I looked at her.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Yeah." She replied smiling.

"Have you told her?" I asked.

"Yes. She actually told me first. I don't know though. It's different than any other relationship I've ever been in." She said.

"Maybe because she's the one for you." I said and she looked at me scared.

"Okay, stop moving so fast. We are not thinking about any of that stuff yet." She said and I nodded.

"I know you guys aren't thinking about moving in together and marriage yet, but I know she's the one for you hailey. I have never seen you so happy." I said and she smiled. She hugged me.

"I love you big sis." She said and I smiled.

"I love you too baby sis." I replied.