Chapter 5

Hailey's POV
All of the team was at work. I had the day off. Harper asked me to watch Summer. Of course I said yes. I picked Summer up straight from school. I loaded her in her car seat and she was telling me about her day.

"So, what did you do today?" I asked.

"I played with my friend Evie. In class, we did show and tell." She said. I parked the car outside my house and we went inside. She sat next to me on the couch.

"Is there anything else that happened today?" I asked.

"Mhmmm, I-I." She said hesitantly, looking down. I noticed tears running down her cheeks. I picked her up and put her on my lap facing me.

"What's the matter sweetheart?" I asked and she cried harder. I held her against me. I started rubbing her back.

"Hey, you can tell me." I said softly.

"Auntie hailey?" She asked.

"Yeah sweetheart." I replied stroking her hair.

"I don't want to go to school anymore." She said rubbing her eyes.

"Why?" I asked.

"This girl was being mean to me." She said.

"Why was she being mean?" I asked.

"She called me a weirdo because I don't have a daddy." She said and I sighed. I wrapped my arms around her.

"Don't listen to her sweetheart. You don't need a daddy when you have a mommy that loves you more than anything." I said.

"Can I ask you a question auntie hailey?" She asked.

"Of course you can Summer." I said comfortingly.

"Why don't I have a daddy?" She asked and I sighed.

"I would tell you honey, but it's something that's hard for a child to understand." I said and she nodded.

"Okay." She said.

"What shall we have for dinner?" I asked.

"Can we have pizza?" She asked tilting her head.

"How can I say no to that face?" I asked rhetorically and she smiled. I ordered pizza for us and it came rather quickly. We sat on the couch with blankets eating our dinner.

"What shall we watch?" I asked.

"Can we watch Tangled?" She asked and I smiled.

"Of course, that is my favourite Disney movie ever." I said. I put the movie on and we snuggled under the fluffy blankets.

"Auntie hailey, can you cuddle me?" She asked and I smiled.

"Come here sweetheart?" I said and she crawled over to me. I held her against my chest.

"You're my second favourite person." She said and I smiled. She fell asleep on me after a while. I continued watching Tangled. What can I say? I love Disney. A few minutes later, I heard a knock at the door. I opened it to see Kim.

"Hey." She said.

"Hey baby." I replied. She kissed me. She came inside and joined Summer and I on the couch.

"Are you watching Tangled?" She asked.

"Yes." I replied and she smiled. She wrapped her arm around me.

"Did you know that everyone knows about us?" I asked.

"What?" She asked shocked.

"Yeah, everyone knows apparently. Even Summer knew." I said and she smiled. She sighed looking down.

"Hey, what is it?" I asked, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"I want to tell you something. If you don't feel the same, I get it." She said and I looked at her concerned.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I love you Hailey Upton." She said. I moved my face closer to hers.

"I love you too Kimberly Burgess." I said and she smiled. I kissed her and rested my forehead against hers.

"Please don't call me Kimberly, I hate it." She said and I chuckled.

"I think it's cute." I said and she smiled. Summer started to wake up.

"Can I have ice cream?" She asked.

"Pizza and ice cream? Fine, but don't tell your mom, she'll kill me." I said and she smiled. I went to the freezer.

"What flavour do you want?" I asked.

"Chocolate." Kim replied.

"Mint Chocolate Chip." Answered summer. I got our ice cream and joined them on the couch. After a few minutes, Harper came through the door.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey." She said. She came and sat down. Summer went and sat on her lap.

"How was school?" Harper asked her. Summer started crying again. Harper looked at her concerned. She looked at me.

"What is it?" She asked me.

"Some kid was calling her names because she doesn't have a dad." I said and she sighed. Summer calmed down and hugged Harper.

"It's okay. I don't need a daddy, I need you mommy." She said and we all smiled.

Harper and Summer left after a while. I was in bed with Kim. I was snuggled up to her. She kissed my cheek.

"Goodnight baby." She said.

"Goodnight my love." I replied.