Chapter 4

Harper's POV
I am literally freaking out. I'm going on a date today. I haven't been in a relationship since I was 19. I've been on dates, but they never went anywhere. I got up this morning and realised I didn't have work. I went into the living room and sat on the couch. After a few minutes, I heard a patter on the floor. I saw Summer smiling at me.

"Hey baby girl, did you sleep good?" I asked and she nodded. She came over to me and reached her arms out.

"Cuddles?" She asked tilting her head.

"You never have to ask for cuddles from me." I said and she smiled. She sat on my lap and rested her head on my chest. I started stroking her hair. I heard the door open and I saw hailey.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked as she sat down on the couch next to me.

"I got bored." She said and I chuckled.

"It's 9am." I said.

"I know, I have a clock at home." She said and I smiled.

"So, when were you going to tell me that you're with Kim?" I asked and she froze.

"I'm not." She said.

"There's no point in lying, everyone knows." I said.

"When you say everyone, you mean—" She said.

"The team, including Voight." I interrupted.

"Why didn't you tell me? We tell each other everything." I said. She looked down nervously.

"I didn't know what you were going to think of me." She said quietly.

"You're kidding right? You're my sister, and I'll always love you no matter what." I said and she hugged me.

"You're the best sister ever." She said.

"Sisters by chance, friends by choice." I replied and she smiled.

"Why are you being all soft?" Summer asked. Hailey and I started laughing.

"Because I found out who auntie hailey is dating." I answered.

"It's Kim." She said looking at hailey.

"And that's how you know it's obvious, the five year old knows." I said and hailey smiled.

"I have a favour to ask." I said.

"What is it?" Hailey asked.

"Can you watch Summer later?" I asked.

"Of course, why?" She asked.

"I'm going on a date." I said.

"You, going on a date. Harper Upton, going on a date." She said.

"I know it's a little surprising." I said.

"A little surprising? You never go on dates." She said.

"I know, but I wanted to mix things up a little." I said. Hailey looked at Summer.

"Do you want to have a sleepover with me?" She asked.

"Yes yes yes yes yes." Summer said and I chuckled.

"The guys are coming over later." Hailey said.

"Okay, why?" I asked.

"Blackhawks game." She replied.

"And I have the best tv." I said.

"Ding ding ding." She said and I smiled.

"Momma, I have a question." Summer said.

"What is it baby?" I asked.

"Can Adam be my daddy?" She asked and I spit my drink out everywhere.

"What? Why? What? Why? What?" I asked, not knowing what to say. Hailey burst out laughing.

"Where did that idea come from?" I asked.

"Well, all my friends have dads and I don't. Adam is your friend, so I want him to be my daddy." She said.

"It doesn't work like that." I said.

"What do you mean?" She asked tilting her head.

"Well, I have to be in love with the person and there has to be a lot of trust. Adam is just my friend." I said.

"Oh okay." She said looking down.

"I'm going on a date today, that guy might be nice." I said and she nodded. There was a knock at the door. I opened it to see Jay, Kevin, Adam, and Kim.

"Hey, come in." I said. They sat on the couch. I grabbed a cloth and started cleaning where I spat out my drink.

"What are you doing?" Kevin asked. Hailey started laughing again.

"I suggest you shut up before I tell them about thanksgiving 2010." I said and she quickly stopped talking. I chuckled. I joined everyone on the couch and we started watching tv. After 4 hours, I became cautious of the time.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"It's 1 o'clock." Kevin said.

"Ooo I have to start getting ready." I said getting up. I went in the shower. I washed my body and hair, then shaved. I went into my room and started looking in my closet. I couldn't decide what to wear.

"HAILEY GET IN HERE!!" I shouted. She came in after a few seconds.

"Yes, your majesty." She greeted me and I chuckled.

"I don't know what to wear." I said. She picked out a cute dress.

She left after a few minutes because she said, "I don't want to miss anymore of the game."

I finished getting ready and headed out.

"Good luck." Hailey shouted. I left and went on my date.

Adam's POV
Harper came out of her room in a dress. It complemented every part of her body. Her hair was curled and she looked beautiful. Wait, what am I thinking? I can't be having these thoughts. She's my partner. Also, she's Hailey's sister. Hailey would kill me if I dated her sister. After a while, Harper came through the door. She slammed it shut and grabbed a beer out of the fridge.

"I'm guessing it didn't go well." Hailey said.

"You know when you want to murder someone, then dissolve their body in acid." Harper replied.

"Your imagination is something else." I said and she smiled.

"What happened?" Kev asked.

"He asked if I had kids. I told him about Summer. He said I should send her away to a boarding school." She said before smirking.

"I know that smirk, you did something." Hailey said.

"I may or may not have picked up my glass of red wine and thrown it on his white shirt." She said and we all started laughing. I don't understand some people. If I was with Harper, I would never suggest sending Summer away, I would take her in as my own.

"I don't get it. Why are most people against dating someone with a kid?" She asked rhetorically. She changed into comfy clothes and joined everyone on the couch. Summer jumped on her.

"Yeah, I can't send you away." Harper said, kissing Summer's forehead.