Chapter Nine: Dreams Are Made of These!

"Ash! Goh! Hurry up and wake up already!" Y/N yelled from the door.

"5...more...minutes..." mumbled Ash, his head lolling onto the floor.

"Right, Inteleon, Aqua Jet!" 

Inteleon burst through the door, and spray the boys with liberal amounts of water.

"What was that for?" said Goh, spitting out a mouthful of water.

"Remember? You're supposed to be helping Professor Cerise with the children! He's going to look unprofessional if his two assistants don't get out there and take care of them!" said Y/N indignantly. "Do hurry up! Chloe and the Professor are waiting."

The two boys rolled sleepily out of bed, and it was not until Cinderace gave them both a kick, and Rillaboom gave them a shove that that they finally began to speed up. They rushed down to the laboratory area, taking a bit of toast along the way.

"...And these are my three assistants, Ash, Goh and Y/N."

Y/N cleared her throat, and nudged the two boys.

"Get those pieces of toast out of your mouths!" she hissed.

"...I shall be taking care of the Yellow Group, Goh and Chloe shall be taking care of the Red Group, and Ash and Y/N shall take care of the Blue Group." said Professor Cerise.

"You sure taking care of two children isn't too difficult for you?" said Y/N, slightly smirking.

"Piece of cake!" grinned Ash in reply.

---------------------------------------------Outside (a while later)--------------------

Y/N panted as she ran after the children.

"Honestly, Ash, can't you help me with them?" Y/N pleaded.

"Can't now, Y/N, there's been a battle request!"

Y/N clicked her tongue furiously, Ash then looking guiltily at her.

"I guess I'll have to be responsible and help you." he sighed, showing the faintest glimmer of a smile.

She looked meaningfully into his eyes. Ash's heart leapt a little.

"If this is something you really want, go ahead." she said reluctantly.

"Really? Thank you so much, Y/N-"

"You can show your thanks by beating him." answered Y/N.

And so he did, wondering how he was going to go about next week. Valentine's Day, the day he usually dreaded, for Serena had always tailed him. Thank goodness Professor Cerise told Serena he didn't need any help.

But then, there was always the matter of asking a girl to the ball.

A certain H/C haired girl sitting across where he stood...

He walked straight up to her.

"Um, Y/N?"

"Hmm?"

His palms grew sweaty.

"I-I was wondering if you would like to go to the Valentine's Dance with me."

Y/N arched a brow.

"As friends." he added quickly. Why did he have to say that?

"Oh... I-"

Cliffhanger!