Chapter Twenty-One

Nathan's POV

  As soon as I heard those words, panic rose within me. Who knew what kind of injury would be inflicted upon me ? 

  A voice then engulfed my mind all of a sudden. I'm nearby, just hold on a while longer. 

  Relief washed over me in great tidal waves. Dee was on her way. Maybe I wouldn't die, after all.

  "What're you smiling about?" Ed sneered. 

  I shrugged, wincing as my shoulders touched my cheek. "Just thinking, you would be better off using your strength in taekwondo competitions. Those muscles," I nodded at his bulging muscles, "they'd serve you well in sudden death rounds."

  The fury was obvious in Ed's eyes. They shot daggers at me. I swear that if looks could kill, I would've dropped dead there and then. But if Dee didn't come soon, whether or not looks could kill, I would die. 

  "You're gonna regret saying that !"

  "Well, oops. May I apologise on behalf of him?" A voice said behind Ed. I smiled painfully. Dee was here. She looked absolutely beautiful. Her wings had obviously vanished, but she still glowed in the dark alley. It wasn't an unnatural glow. She was just so beautiful that she glowed. Well, to me at least. Her cheeks were red and flushed, her crazy red curls falling around her faze. Her piercing green eyes were fixated on Ed and his friend, unfaltering. Her eyes were mesmerizing, really.

  Looks like I wasn't the only one who thought highly of her beauty, though. Ed and his friend were gaping at her. Ed seemed to be the one to come to senses first. "And who might you be?" He snapped. "Trying to save your boyfriend, here, are you?" He emphasized on the word 'boyfriend' greatly, as though he wanted the title.

  A blush crept up Dee's cheeks. She folded her arms. Her gaze on them did not once falter. "You don't want to be messing with any of us .." She said quietly, moving forward. Her arms were now outstretched, and Ed and his friend were looking at each other anxiously. 

  She really did seem scary, though, if I were to say so myself. Scary and beautiful.

  Dee closed her eyes, focusing. "Still don't want to back off? I should've known. Fine then. I did warn you, though," she said, eyes still closed. I had to stifle a giggle. She was messing with the bullies, trying to scare them. But maybe she wasn't only trying to scare them away. Maybe she didn't want to unleash her powers upon them and was giving them a chance to get away before she did.

  All of a sudden, the two boys were thrown back against the wall. They cried out in shock as they hit it. "Don't try me," Dee walked towards them. The boys leapt up and ran for their lives. I could hear Ed shout, "That girl's phsyco !" as they sprinted away from us.

  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Hey guys, what do you think of my Chapter 21? Hope you like it. Please comment what you think. Also, remember to vote and fan ! Thank you x