Chapter Eleven

I squuezed my eyes shut. "It's now or never," I whispered to myself, trying to slow down the vigorous beating of my heart.

  I reached out and touched it. 

  I honestly expected the bubble to pop. Instead, warmth spread across my palm, chasing away the chill that clung to my fingers previously. I opened my eyes slowly. 

  The ball was now glowing a golden colour. It fit into my palm perfectly, like it was made for me. It was made for me, wasn't it ?

  Words materialised on the surface of the ball. Yes. 

  Wow, so that was how it worked. I just had to think what I wanted to ask the DSB, and it would answer. 

  More words materialised on the surface of the ball. No one can see this except for you. It is yours and no one else's. 

  I stared at the DSB. It glowed back at me. For a fleeting moment, I stood there, clueless of how to conceal it from curious eyes.

  Tap it twice, the words appeared on the ball.

  "Oh.." I said to myself. 

  All you had to do was ask, the words appeared right after the previous ones fizzed out.

  I glared at the ball. "Fine," I muttered crossly before tapping the DSB twice.It immediately vanished into thin air. 

  'Fly,' I think to myself, 'fly back home.'

  Hey guys :) I'm gonna go on vacay for thirteen days from Wednesday morning onwards. There'll be no internet for me, so I can't update. But I PROMISE I'll write a lot from today to Tuesday. I hope to write at least four chapters today.. I'll try my best alright ? Peace, love and sour cream, Aretha xx