Chapter Twenty-Two

Dee burst out laughing, clutching her sides. I looked at her as though she was insane, which she was, but not too long after I burst out laughing as well. Tears trickled down our cheeks and left them wet as we heaved and gasped, desperately trying to stop.

  "Okay," Dee gasped, "we should really stop this."

  I nodded in agreement. "Thanks for saving me back there, I would've been beaten to a pulp if it weren't for you."

  Heat rose on her cheeks and she smiled modestly. She hooked her hand through mine, surprising me. "Leggo, Nath. I think our task is done here."

  "Yeah.." 

  We walked in silence for a while. My hand felt warm in hers. It started to sweat, which always happened when I held hands with someone. I silently prayed that Dee would not pull away. I would, if I were her. What's worse than having your hand stained with someone else's sweat?

  Well, maybe lots of things. But you get what I mean.

  Soon, the air became colder and our breath came out in short puffs. "Y'know what guys usually do to warm girls up when it's chilly?" I asked.

  I slapped my hand. That wasn't meant to be spoken aloud.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Hey guys! Yep, yep. I'm going to apologize AGAIN. But fear not, you may kill me if you want. But uh, it won't be easy finding me. Just so you know. but IM SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN CENTURIES. there, i said it. anyway its lunch now and i've stayed back in class to use my laptop and update. AND i would like to dedicate this chapter to my friend Carmen for reading both my stories in a day and helping me to promote it. THANKS CST, ILY :) love, aretha xx