Chapter Five

Wow. Arranged marriage? A lot of royalties do it nowadays, but not at such a young age. Nathan was looking down at his hands. I felt extremely sorry for him. "Hey, Nath ?" I said.

  He looked up at me. He looked defeated. I gave his hand a reasurring squeeze and smiled at him. "There's nothing you can do about it, can you ?" I asked. He shook his head. I could tell he wanted to say more, but didn't know how to. I just sat there, holding his hand. I wanted him to know that whatever he wanted to tell me, I would listen. Sometimes, you don't need advice, just a listening ear and a shoulder to cry on.

  Nathan took a deep breath and looked at me. "I left home early this morning. Mum and Dad wouldn't notice that I'm missing until at night, when they check on me. That's how busy they are," he said. 

  I nodded. "I feel for you. Anything I can do to make you feel better? I know we just met but I can't stand seeing you so sad."

  Nathan seemed a little hesitant to tell me, but he eventually said, "Well, uh.. Do you think I could.. I could, um, stay here for a few days? Only until I find a place to stay, I promise."

  "Of course !"

  Nathan's eyes lit up. "Really?"

  I nodded and laughed. "Well, yeah, I mean, life has been quite dull lately. I could use a friend."

  Nathan threw his arms around me. "Thank you, thanks SO much !" 

  I was touched by his great happiness. Was life back at the castle really unbearable? Only one way to find out.

  "Nath," I poked his side.

  "Hmm?"

  "You can stay as long as you promise me something," I said. Nathan nodded quickly.

  "You tell me how it's like to be a royal, what everyday life is like for you, 'kay?"

  Nathan hunched his shoulders forward. "Fineee."

  I ran to the kitchen to tell Mum about Nathan. After convincing Nathan that Mum would not send him back to Darogars, I told Mum the real reason for Nathan's stay. Sure, her eyes did grow twice its normal size and she did drop the plate she was holding, but she still comforted Nathan and told him to stay for as long as he liked. 

  Hey guys :) SO sorry for not updating for two days (or three?) . It's because I've been kinda busy with my secondary school choices ! Well, here's my fifth chapter. Hope you like it ! Remember to comment, vote and fan me, thanks guys :D Peace, love and sour cream, Aretha xx