Chapter Twelve

I soared back home, finally beginning to adjust to the feeling of cutting through the air effortlessly. Down, I think, as my house came into view. I landed in my back garden.

  I rushed into the house. "Mum, guess what ?" I said breathelessly as she walked towards me. 

  "Cindy, why are you -"

  Mum stopped talking. Her eyes turned as wide as saucers. She slowly walked towards me. "They're beautiful, Cindy. I'm so proud of you," She said softly. 

  "What's beautiful ?" I asked. Mum was staring at something behind me. 

  "Your wings," Mum told me. 

  "What're you talking about ? I mean, I know I can fly, but I don't have wings," I rambled.

  "You do."

  I craned my neck to look over my shoulder and gasped. A pair of wings were attached to my back. Not just any pair of wings. A beautiful one.

  The wings were outlined with emerald-coloured studs inlaid to form an intricate pattern. The tips of the wings were a light, soft green. It glittered in the kitchen light. The light green grew darker towards the middle of the wings, where it eventually became a dark, rich emerald, even darker than the studs. 

  I looked up at Mum, my mouth agape. Her eyes glistened with happy tears as she pulled me into a hug, careful so as not to touch my wings. As I hugged Mum, I noticed Nathan standing at the kitchen, staring at my wings. He didn't do anything, he just stared at the wings with a look filled with awe and admiration. His eyes travelled to me, and I clung to Mum harder for some reason. 

  Nathan's eyes looked sad and confused at the same time. He gave me a searching look, and I looked down. I would have to talk to him sooner or later, I couldn't put this off any longer.

  Hey !! I hope you like my Chap Twelve.. I'm gonna upload Thirteen soon alright ? Stay tuned ! :) Peace, love and sour cream, Aretha xx