Book One: Chapter 6

After my horrible weekend, I was back in high school. Yuppie.....

Even worse, my math teacher, Mr.Donaldson, dropped a math quiz on my desk.

Oh, come on! Seriously?

Mr.Donaldson never told us he was giving us a pop quiz last week! How totally bogus!

I only worked on my homework without studying for a math quiz. Like, how was I supposed to know?

I think Mr. Donaldson totally wanted to make us suffer for apparently no reason. Maybe because his job was so freaking boring, watching our faces cringe was the best enjoyment in his life. The best life I could give him was my foot up his ass!

Sigh..... Too bad he was my teacher.

"Okay, class!" Mr. Donaldson sat down behind his desk. "You have five minutes to finish your quiz."

What? Was he totally for real?

No fair! No fair!

He was totally lucky for being my teacher. If I sucker-punched his face, hello detention!

I picked up my pencil and stared at the paper.

Really? More functions and equations?

Why did we need to solve this crap? This stupid quiz wasn't on my agenda!

I could barely pass addition, subtraction, and multiplication, but this was totally ridiculous!

I raised my hand. "Mr. Donaldson!"

My teacher removed his glasses and narrowed his eyes toward me. "Yes, Ms. Tumbleague?"

I placed my hand down. "You didn't tell us about this quiz!"

"Is that a problem?"

"Like-yeah! You totally didn't tell us about the quiz before! How was I supposed to study when I wasn't aware of it?"

Mr. Donaldson leaned over his desk with his eyes shooting daggers at me. "Well then, Ms. Tumbleague. Do you know what happens when you are not prepared?"

Geez, his look was making my skin crawl. Something wasn't normal about him. "Eh........ no."

"You get eaten!"

Before my eyes, Mr.Donaldson pulled his skin off his face. Instead of meat and muscles, he has a wolf head with burning yellow eyes and sharp fangs, covered in drool.

As he growled, I wanted to get up and run out of the classroom quickly. But I felt like my butt glued to my seat. All I could do was shake my entire body while my skin turned cold.

Mr.Donaldson climbed onto his desk and howled. "I guess you are not prepared for this!"

I finally screamed when the werewolf jumped toward me, then-

*****

I caught a breath, blinking at a superstar poster on the ceiling in a familiar sight.

Oh, thank god! I'm back home.

My rapid heartbeat slowed. I sucked in a long breath and with a steady release, wiggling my body and soul-deep into thick pink bed covers.

It was a dream..... A totally messed up dream!

Now awake, my real memories returned to me.

Back at the hospital, nobody understood why I healed so totally fast. But they let me go home early without a fuss.

Thank god I was back in my comfort zone..... Before that totally disturbing dream.

God! I must have eaten too much fried chicken last night. Worse, I could have gas that would totally melt my house down. What a second nightmare that would be!