A Prickly Past

Many Years Ago...

In front of the floor to ceiling windows that overlooked a large city below, two figures were standing side by side looking out at the view and not at each other as one of the figures stated,

"We had an arrangement..."

"I am well aware of that."

"Your peoples' protection for intel on your species' origins and weaponry."

"I have told all about the circumstances from which we came to your planet and as I've told you, we possess no weaponry."

"Then how have you all managed to evade capture all these years?"

"Simple. We have a strong defense that can be used as an offense if the situation demands it." The figure tossed a few seeds onto the table that was set behind them and waved their hand in the air to allow mist-like green energy to flow through the air toward the seeds to make tiny green sprouts topped by mini buds rise up from within the hard shells.

"Then it sounds to me like you and your people are the weapons. The ones we in the military were promised and could benefit from. I've already lost one valuable asset and I'm not about to be cheated out of another."

The second figure snapped their attention to the first one and started to threaten,

"If you are suggesting I allow myself and my people to be used for warfare when you humans are barely able to contain your own hostile forces of destruction, then our arrangement is over."

They were walking away when the first figure warned them,

"One day, one of your own will need our protection and they will give me what I want for it."

The second figure turned back around to reveal that the being was a younger Zaruk, who faced the first figure with a dully indignant expression on their face as they declared,

"Do not count on it..."

Before walking away, the buds on the table bloomed into flowers that were colored and glowed a hauntingly crimson red with tiny thorns on their stems. The first figure walked over to the table and picked up one of the flowers, not caring about the thorns as he muttered to himself,

"We'll see..." Crushing the flower in his hand and letting the pieces fall to the ground as one of his men came into the room to alert him of a possible gamma radiation anomaly in Narora.

493 Words

AN- Welcome to Captain America: Civil War! I am hoping to get through this segment as quickly as I possibly can so we can get to the filler chapters before ending with Ragnarok so I can finally write the Infinity War and Endgame segments in The Spark Sisters."

Right now, I have only this and the next chapter fully done so far. I'm hoping when I move up to campus on the 18th and I have to quarantine in my dorm room for two weeks that aside from homework, I'll be able to work on my stories some more. Until the next chapter, Bye!