The Quiet Before the Calamity

Lumna’s POV

I can still remember when the invaders came to my home planet…

I was only 10 rotations old and in the training grounds for fire wielders to be taught how to use their powers properly.

There were other fire wielders in the training grounds, all wearing the same red and orange training uniform, but I was happy to have Xavion, my best friend since we were very young, there with me.

He had bushy red hair like mine that barely covered his eyes, his skin was ashy gray, and his eyes were a piercing yellow, but he was always friendly to everyone he came across and would often make me smile with funny faces and his created pyrotechnics.

We had been preparing to return to our home villages after completing our training and I had been looking forward to seeing my sister and mother after 2 rotations when darkness fell over the site.

Looking up, we all saw a giant ship coming through the storms that surrounded the planet to protect us and, from the ship, creatures with armor for skin came out, spreading out all over the planet with one diving towards the training grounds I was in.

"Leviathans!"

“Chitauri!” 

“Get inside!”

Our trainers yelled to us and we were all told to run for cover as the flying Leviathans and Chitauri loomed closer to our position.

In the rush to get to safety, I was pushed to the ground, getting left behind in the process so, I quickly got up and hid behind a large rock, looking up fearfully at the approaching flying Leviathans. With piercing shrieks, more Chitauri came out from the Leviathan, wielding spears that crackled with electricity. 

Screeching with blood-chilling ferocity, they ran right past my hiding spot as I curled up behind it and they stormed the growths where the other trainees and trainers where hiding and proceeded to slaughter them all, their screams reaching my ears even as I attempted to cover them as tears streamed from my closed eyes.

Unexpectedly, I was shoved out of my hiding space by a sharp smack to my side as a Chitauri soldier found and hit me with its spear. I tried to get away by crawling backward as it was about to impale me with its spear, but it backed me into another rock raising its spear to finish me. I put my hands over my face, awaiting my fate, when I heard a shriek before a loud ‘thud’ was heard shortly after. I opened my eyes to see that Xavion had come back and killed the Chitauri warrior that was about to kill me with a blast of fire.

“Lumna… You must hurry to the escape pods...” He told me in his quiet voice, as I got to my feet carefully approaching Xavion from behind as his back was to me.

“Don’t you mean ‘we’ must hurry to the escape pods?” My question went unanswered as he fell to the ground on his side. Hurriedly, I got down and turned him over to reveal that his core had been pierced by the Chitauri’s spear.

“Xavion!” I tried to shake him awake, but he didn’t respond. I kneeled down next to his body, tears welling in my eyes right before I heard more soldiers approaching quickly, I looked down at Xavion one last time before getting up and running as fast as I could to the escape pods. I didn’t see my mother or my little sister as I was put into a single-seated pod and launched out of the planet’s atmosphere. 

Just outside of the planet's atmosphere, I could see how bad the invasion truly was; the storms that had kept our planet safe for countless rotations were down, allowing numerous Leviathans to lay waste to the entire planet, some shooting down pods that had been launched along with mine, barely missing mine, while others destroyed the various villages all over the planet.

Right before I activated the hyperjump function to leave the Anagoran galaxy, I took the silver locket chain, that my mother gave me and my sister, in my hands, looking at the photos of me, my mother, and my sister on one side and me and Xavion smiling on the other.

Casting one last look back at my home planet before closing my teary eyes and hitting the button to hyperjump away with the fist I had closed around my locket.

829 Words

AN- So here's the prologue chapter of my Avengers OC Insert story, I wanted to post this yesterday, but since it was my birthday, my mom wanted to do something with my and my siblings before she went to work. Let me know what you guys think of this and I will try to post the first chapter of the Chrysinthea Info book so that you can learn about the alien species I created for my OC's.

Until the next chapter, See Ya!