Chapter 70

Casper
I was woke up to my phone vibrating. Who could be calling me at 3 in the morning. I looked at it to see my dad was calling.
"Hello?" I whispered.
"Hey. Miss me yet?"
"Yes of course. When are you coming back?"
"Hopefully thanksgiving."
"Really? Thats 10 months."
"Yeah im sorry."
"You said you'll be here for my championship game."
"Yes i know but-"
"Naw its fine." I said trying not to get loud.
"Hows everyone?"
"I dont know."
"What do you mean you don't know?" He said confused. "Where are you?"
"Im at Diamond's."
"Why?"
"That lady kicked me out and took my phone. Trey got my phone back for me."
"Your mother?"
"Shes not my mom. How many times do i have to say this?"
"I have to go." My dad said as someone talked in the background. "Go back home tonight. Okay."
"Alright. Love you. Come back home flyer."
"Love you too soarer." He hung up and i started to tear up.

Diamond
I was sleeping when i heard Casper sniffling.
"Casper?" I said softly.
"Yeah"
I turned to him and put my head on his shoulder.
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah." He said trying to fight back tears. Casper layed on his back and stared at the celing and whispered something.
"Huh?" I said with my head on his bare chest.
"Nothing." He closed his eyes and a stream of water fell down his face.
I hugged him and he hugged me back crying into my neck.
I didnt know what to do so i rubbed his back. After a couple of minutes he cried his self to sleep in my arms and i fell asleep in his arms also.

Casper
"Diamond. Diamond." Why wont she wake up? "Diamond." I shook her til she groaned.
"Hmm?"
"Wake up."
She looked at her phone and sat up quickly.
"Do you see this temperature? Its 2 flipping degrees out."
"So."
"You can go to school. Im not doing this today." She layed back down and began to drift back asleep.
"Fine."
I got dressed and headed out the door. The walk there was sooo cold. Trey, Star, and alex caught up to me on the way.
"Where's Diamond?" Star asked.
"She said its too cold."
"Aint she live in Missouri?" Alex asked.
"Yea but only for a month."
"Oh. She better bring her self." Star said crossing her arms for warmth.
"Why yall so concerned for her?" I asked.
"Shes our friend too."
The bus pulled up and we got on.

Jeff
I woke up early to go take a jog but once i opened that door and felt that cold air i went straight back in the house and back in my room and layed there wide awake.
I heard pots and pans clanging, looked over at my clock. 9:40.
"Dam when did i fall asleep?"
I walked downstairs to see Diamond in the kitchen cooking.
"What are you doing here? You sposed to be at school."
"Its too cold." She said putting eggs in a plate.
"Eat then get dressed."
"Alright."
I walked down the hall to see my dad in the study.
"I see Diamond isnt at school. Why is that?"
"Im taking her now."
"Who's this?" He asked picking up a picture i had on the desk.
"Don't touch my stuff."
He put it down softly and got up. "Ill be joining you two."
I walked upstairs to change. After a couple of minutes i waited downstairs for Diamond, who was taking forever as usual.
"Diamond!" I yelled as our dad came out the hall. "Lets go!"
"Im coming!" She said closing her door then walking down the stairs.
"Ready?" Our dad said.
We looked at him and walked out into the cold air.

Diamond
We walked out into the cold air and got into the car. That car ride had to be one of the most awkward car rides in history. No one said a word til we got to the school.
"Lets go." Jeff said parking.
We got out the car and walked into the front office and guess who was there. Matthew.
He walked over to me while Jeff signed me in.
"I see who finally made it to school."
"Its too cold to be outside."
"Here D." Jeff said handing me a pass."Wait is that Matthew?"
"Yeah." Matthew said smiling.
"Oh man. What you doing here?"
"Remember when he moved? He moved here." I said trying to end the conversation.
"Your sister out here too?"
"Yeah."
"Aye tell her to hit me up."
"Alright."
"Bye D." Jeff hugged me then gave Matthew a head nod and left.
I left after Jeff trying to walk the fastest i could so Matthew wouldn't catch up.
"Diamond wait!" His voice echoed through the hall. He ran up and began to walk with me. "Let me walk you to class."
"No im fine."
"Cmon. Why you acting like this?" He said stepping in front of me.
"Please move. Im already late."
His facial expression changed from a smile to a frown and he became angry. He then grabbed me by my wrists and held me against the wall.
"Let me go!"
"You're gonna love me!"
"Hey!" Someone said running down the hall. "Let her go! You're hurting her."
"Mind your own business." Matthew said looking at me. He pushed my legs apart by his legs, leaving me completely defenseless, to make sure there wasn't a repeat.
I turned to the guy with tears in my eyes. He looked at Matthew, who was kissing my neck, and held him in a choke hold and pulled him off of me. I fell to the ground crying and a teacher came out her class to see what all the commotion was about. When she saw the two boys fighting and me on the ground crying she called for security. The boys stopped fighting once they heard her call security. Matthew took off running and the boy came to me.