Chapter 60

Diamond

Coach G was the city basketball coach? Wow that's cool. Coach G approached me and asked if wanted to help with practice. I said sure cause i had nothing else to do. I took off the shoes Casper gave me and walked onto the court. Everyone was waiting in the middle while Casper was still running.

"What lap are you on?"

"7 coach."

"Hurry up. Guys this is Diamond." he put his heavy hand on my shoulder. I waved and smiled to them. "She'll be helping us out today while Casper is doing his laps." I heard Casper grunt as he jogged past my right.

"So we're doing suicides. 4 back and forth. Go to start position."

I walked with the rest of the team to the farthest line. I think they call it boundary line. I don't know.

"You know how to do it sweetie?"

one of them to my right asked. I stood next to Justin.

"Do you?" Justin asked.

"Yes i know."

" Keep up." the boy on the other side of Justin.

Coach blew his whistle and everyone took off but me. Coach put his hand on my shoulder. "Wait and watch"

I watched as the boys ran to the first line touched it and back. He let go of my shoulder and i took off, touched the line and ran back. The boys was their 2nd set and i was just finishing my 1st. I soon caught up to them and eventually over lapped them. I was done before most of them. Casper stopped running to watch. His mouth was wide open.

"Casper!" Coach G said

Casper continued running.

"Water break. You too Casper."

We all walked over to the bleachers.

"Aye Diamond. You play a sport?" Justin asked me.

"Yea. Soccer."

"Oh thats the last thing i would picture you playing." Casper said sitting down next to me.

"I play football too. Well used to."

Casper put his arm around my shoulders as i checked my phone.

"Casper what did i tell you about touching females. Touching period." Coach G said walking up to the group.

"Its ok." I said looking up at him and smiling.

"Oh... ok."

"Why don't you play basketball?" a person behind me asked.

I turned and said, "Don't know how to play."

"You're kidding." Casper said standing up.

"No."

"Its basically like soccer but use your hands." Another person said walking to the rack of basketballs.

"Grab a ball." I got up and grabbed a ball.

"Diamond where your shoes?" Justin asked

"Over there I didn't want to crease them."

"Oh ok." He said picking them up.

The guy showed me how to shoot, dribble, and throw in the ball while Coach was talking to a woman. I got the basics down pretty quickly.

"You're good. Fast learner." be said giving he a high five. His hand was huge compared to mine but really soft. "My name is Pj by the way." he said with a wink. I just smiled and began to walk away.