Chapter 88

Casper
I called my voicemail to listen to the voice mails.
The first voice mail was quiet then there was crying. "Casper. I need you. Please pick up the phone."
The next started the same. "Casper answer your phone. Please." Diamond said crying and coughing.
The last was completely quiet. Then I could hear voices calling out to her. "You wanted to be my friend. This was your chance." She whispered then it ended.
What? What's going on. I called her back but no answer. I kept calling til about 2 but still no answer.
7 o'clock rolled around and i was still up staring at the celing.
"Hey. You up?" My uncle said opening the door. "Going to practice?"
"Yeah." I said getting off the bed.
"Alright leaving in 15." He closed the door. I got ready and made my way downstairs with my phone in hand. Just in case she called. After about 15 minutes i was at practice missing every shot.
"You okay?" My coach said
"Yeah."
"Just yesterday you were shooting three's like its nothing. Now you can't make a single shot."
"I know. Im trying." I said getting frustrated.
"Take a break."
"Naw i got it." I shot the ball again and i missed.
"Aaah!" I threw the ball in frustration and walked away.
I sat outside the gym and waited for my phone to ring or buzz anything.
After about 20 minutes my uncle pulled up in front of me and got out.
"Dwayne. You okay?"
"Yeah." I got up and walked toward the car.
Instead of going home we went to his job. The car ride was long and awkward. While in the car my phone began to ring. Diamond.

Jeff
We spent the whole night looking for Diamond. We went up and down the beach about 5 times. Where could she have gone. At 6AM everyone went inside but Jeremiah and i stayed out there looking for her.
We were heading back to the beach house when we saw Samantha running to us.
"Jeff!" Samantha yelled.
"Yeah. Did you find her?"
"No. You need to come inside. Right now."
"She's not there."
"She was."
"What?" Jeremiah asked.
"She was in the house." She redtated.
We began to run to the house.
"Jeff isnt this her phone?" Kayla asked as we got to the dining table where everyone was sitting.
"Yeah." I picked it up and pressed the unlock button. Of course a passcode.
"Anyone knows her passcode?" I asked aloud.
Everyone looked at me. "Okay uhh let me figure this out." I sat at the table and put in her birthday. Not it.
"How did her phone get here?" Someone asked.
"She must have came in while everyone was looking for her." Someone answered.
"What made her leave?"
"Yeah."
Everyone began to talk at once.
"Okay. I cant stay in here." I got up in frustration and left the room with her phone. I sat down outside and continued to try.
"Hey Jeff." Darius said standing in front of me.
"Not now." I said concentrating on the phone.
"I know the password."
I stopped and looked up at him.
"Here." I handed him the phone and he unlocked it.
"1223" he said handing it back.
"What?"
"1223. The day Diamond and Casper began dating."
"Oh. I never would have thought about that. Thanks."
"Where do you thik she is?" He said taking a seat next to me.
"I dont know." I searched her recent texts and calls. She had 5 calls to Dwayne when she went missing. "Im about to find out now." I dialed Dwayne's number.
"Diamond." He answered.
"Its Jeff."
"Oh. Where's Diamond?"
"I don't know. I was hoping you knew. You're the last person she called and texted."
"What do you mean you don't know? Is she missing or something?"
"Yeah. She's gone. I told her something important and she disappeared."
"I hope you can find her. I missed all the calls she made to me."
"Dam. Alright."
"But she did leave me voice mails. She was hiding cause she was really quiet and i heard people yelling her name. But she was really upset cause she couldn't stop crying in some of the voicemails."
"Dam. Okay. Ill call you if we find her." I said about to hang up.
"Wait. How did you get her phone? Are yall playing a joke?"
"No. She must have put her phone inside while everyone was out looking for her."
"Damn yall at that beach house still?"
"Yeah. Good thing her friend was here. He told me the password."
"He?" Dwayne said a bit discouraged.
"Yeah him and Diamond just started hanging out when she got down here."
"Wow. Well i have to go. Call if anything."
"Alright man. Thanks." I hung up the phone and looked at Darius. "Nothing."

Jeremiah
"Jeff." I said walking outside to him and Darius with Kayla, Sam, and Leslie behind me.
"Yeah." He looked at us.
"Anything?" Sam asked.
"Nah."
"What could make her leave?" Kayla asked.
"Me." Jeff said looking at the ground.
"What?" Sam asked. "Babe. This isn't your fault."
"It is."
"How can this possibly be your fault?"
"I told her."
She got quiet and looked at everyone.
"I told her everything and she left."
"Told her what?" I asked.
"Everything's a lie Jeremiah." He said getting angry. Jeff never says my full name.
"Jeff. Calm down please." Sam pleaded.
"Diamond's only our half sister. Mr. Guman is her father. Hell her name isn't even Diamond." Everyone held their breath.
"What is it then?" Darius asked.
"Dominique Ashley Guman."
It got quiet.
"How come i didn't know?" I asked.
"You were too young to remember."
"So you had to keep that secret since you were little?" Leslie spoke up.
"Yeah. After a while it became a reality that Dominique was my sister and nothing felt different. We just started calling her Diamond and it stuck." Jeff said with a slight smile.
"Why tell her now?" I asked.
"At one point i actually forgot. Actually for years. I never wanted anything to change. It was arranged that i was to tell her when she was 11. But between the moving and adjusting i forgot. So Mr. Guman told me to tell her."
"Why couldn't he tell me himself?".a voice came from behind us.
"Diamond!" Jeff got up, ran to her, and picked her up.
We all ran over to her. She had sand all over.
"Put me down." She said.
"Are you okay?" Sam asked.
"Im fine. I got hungry."
"I love you." Jeff said smiling and hugging her.
"Get off." She said trying to push him off.
"Jeff. Let her breathe." Kayla said. Jeff let her go.
"So why couldn't he tell me himself?" Diamond asked.
"I promised him i would tell you."
"Quit lying to me."
"I promised to tell him when he was sent to Japan. He wasnt going to be here to tell you himself."
It got quiet again.
"Well. From now on nothing has changed. Just my name. My name is Dominique and i would appreciate if you guys call me by that name."
"So she's not upset?" Kayla asked quietly to me.
"I have no idea."

Dominique
While i was hiding i had the time to get my mind right. I shouldn't be mad at Jeff. But i should be mad at my Mr. Glass and Mr. Guman. So once i saw them all outside i just approached them calmly. I could tell Jeff was uneasy but he lit up once he saw me.
We all entered the house and everyone inside started questioning me. I just kindly dismissed them and went to pack so we can go home. After about an hour or so we all got in the Jeep and went back home.

Jeff
Sam and i shared the big news with my mom and Mr. Guman. My mom was elated to know and was ready to srart planning. But Mr. Guman was more interested in Dominique.
"Where's Dominique?" He asked pulling me aside.
"She didn't come inside?"
"No."
"Well she's probably outside."
"You better hope so."
"Jeff. Do you have my phone?" Dominique said coming up behind me.
"Oh yeah. You were asleep the whole ride." I said reaching in my pocket for her phone.
"Im changing my password." She said taking it.
"Sure." I said sarcastically. She walked away and didn't even take a glance at Mr. Guman. Nothing. I have a feeling that when i leave, all hell is breaking loose.