Chapter 77

Diamond
"Diamond. Sweetheart."
"Hmm?"
"Wake up. We have things to do."
"Later."
"Wake up."
I opened my eyes to see my mom hovering over me. "What are we supposed to do?" I asked sitting up.
"Fix your room, remember?"
"Oh yeah. Sorry."
"Get dressed." She said patting my thigh then walking out.
I got up got in the shower, brushed my teeth, and got dressed. There was a loud noise thud outside. I left my room to see people taking the furniture out my room.
"Ready?" My mom said looking up at me from down stairs.
"Y..yeah." i walked down to my mom and we left.
"Do you have an idea of what you want your room to look like?" She said as we got in the car.
This cant be for real. Am i really staying so long that i have to fix my old room?
"Diamond?"
"Huh? Sorry thinking."
"What do you want your room to look like?"
"I dont know."
"Well i have to make a stop while you think." She said backing out the driveway.
"Where? "
"A friend's house. Youll like it she has a son your age."
"Okay."
Irrelevant or naw?
We drove a few minutes to the house. It was huge. The exterior was beautiful and the house was beige and brown. I got out the car after my mom and followed behind her. Then she rang the doorbell.
The door began to open and it was Darius at the door.
"Hey sweetie." She hugged him.
"Hi Ms. Love." He said looking at me.
What are the odds. Darius knowing my mom.
"Where's your mom?"
"Kitchen." He moved out the doorway and let us in. I followed in behind her amd Darius closed the door behind me. I could feel his eyes looking at me.
"Ada!" My mom said yelling.
"Kitchen!" The woman yelled back. She had some sort of accent.
We walked into the kitchen to see a beautiful "white" woman she looked almost exotic. Her hair was pure blonde and she had bluish grayish eyes with a beautiful smile.
"Hey Ada."
"Hi Maxine." The woman said. "Whos this?" She smiled and walked to us.
"This is my daughter, Diamond."
"Oh is this her? Shes beautiful oh my." She's definitely from somewhere. Her accent is so strong.
"Ada's from Norway." My mom said to break my curiosity.
"I hear it."
"Oh Diamond this is Darius, my son." Ada said as Darius walked in.
"Nice to meet you both." I said looking at them both.
Our mothers walked into the living room and it was just me and Darius. He looked at me and raised an eyebrow.
"Dont look at me like that."
"Come. You have some explaining to do." He said walking out the kitchen and i followed.
"I don't have to explain anything." I whispered so our parents dont hear.
We walked to what i assumed was his room and he closed the door.
"Can i use your phone?" I asked.
"Not until you explain."
"Explain what? She's my mom. Would you like to know how it happened? I'm pretty sure you should know by now." I said sarcastically.
"Here." He unlocked his phone and handed it to me. "You're explaining after."
I dialed Caspers number and waited til he picked up.
"Hello? Who's this?" A girl said.
"Hello?"
"Diamond?"
"Yeah. Its me, Diamond. Is this Skye it better be for Casper's sake."
"Yeah." Skye said laughing.
"Where's Casper?"
"Warming up."
"Let me talk to him."
"Why the f*** are you on my phone?" I heard Casper in the background. "Hello?" He said after taking the phone from Skye.
"Hey baby."
"Diamond."
"Yes."
"When are you coming back? I miss you."
"I don't know. Not any time soon. My mom is remodeling my room cause it was the same from how i left when i was like six."
"Diamond." He said his voice beginning to crack.
"C'mon Casp dont."
"Casper where you going?" I heard someone ask in the background.
"Diamond don't do this."
"Im sorry. Its not me. My dad wont let me go back."
"Diamond." He began to cry and his voice cracked more. "First my dad then you. I can't f***ing do this."
"Calm down. Just relax. Im coming back even if i have to walk. It may take me sometime but im coming back."
He got quiet.
"Casper?"
"Okay."
"Win for me and your dad. Im cheering for you baby."
He laughed a little. "Better be. I have to go."
"Okay bye and don't talk to Skye like that."
"I wont bye." He hung up the phone.
I handed Darius back his phone and he smiled at me.
"What?"
"Nothing." He layed down on his his bed.
"What?"
"Nothing. Dang. Start explaining."
"Not until you tell me what you smiling for."
He sat up and i sat on the bed. "One, who's Casper?"
"My boyfriend."
"Two, is that his real name?"
"No." I said laughing.
"Okay that's all. Now explain."
"Wow. What is there to rxplain? She's my mom and obviously Jeremiah is my brother."
"Okay and..."
"Jeremiah didn't want anyone to know that im his sister. Something bout reputation."
"Wow."
"Yeah."
"So you haven't been here since you were seven. What are you now? Like 16, 17? Its been a while dont you think."
"Yeah."
"Why'd you leave?"
I had a very vivid and blurry flashback.
"Huh?" He said now standing in front of me.
"DIAMOND!" My mom called for me. I pushed Darius out the way and bolted through the door.

Casper
I woke up the next morning at 6 in the morning from a call from my coach. He wanted me to get ready and bring my uniform. After i gathered my stuff and meet him outside my house and we got beakfast. He tried to have small talk but i just didnt want to talk. We went to the court and we began to warm up.
"Im taking a break." I said walking to the bleachers. I can't believe i missed every one of my shots.
"You okay?" Coach sais sitting next to me.
"Im fine." I said dismissively.
"No you're distracted. I can't have my star player distracted."
"Im fine." I got back up can began to shoot again and missed every shot. "Im going for a walk." I said dropping the ball. I walked out and to the bathroom.
"What the hell is wrong with me?" I said to myself. "Every shot Dwayne. Whats wrong with you?" I looked up at the celing. "Help me momma. Imma need your support for this one." I cleared my throat and made my way back to the courts.
The whole team was there and some of their families were there. I seen Skye in the bleachers so i went to her.
"There you are." She stood up and hugged me.
"Yeah."
"You good?"
"Yeah, why?"
"You look distracted."
"Im good. Hold on to this for me." I handed her my phone.
"Why?"
"Just in case Diamond calls you know."
"Mhmm." I went back down to meet with the team and practiced my shooting again. I missed 8 of 10 just making a fool of myself. I felt like everyone was looking at me in awe. The bad kind of awe. I looked around and saw Skye on my phone laughing it up.
"What the hell?" Said before walking up to te bleachers to her.
"Why the f*** are you on my phone?" I asked getting angry. I took the phone from her to hear Diamond's voice. You dont know how nad i needed to hear her voice today. The only thing is that that beautiful voice was telling me some bad news.
When she told me shes staying longer my whole body froze all my organs stopped for a split second. I had to step ot for a moment because my voice began to crack from me about to cry. She pleaded with me not to cry but i just couldn't help it. I moved the phone from my face and looked up. "Please." I whispered desperately and almost began to cry. But, Diamond always knows how to calm me down and stop crying. I know i sound to like a wuss right about now but its the truth. I calmed down and stopped crying. She told me to win for her and thats what im gonna do. This is for her,my momma and my dad.

Ms. Love
I took Diamond to Ada's house so she can "meet" Darius. Im aware they met already. He has a little crush on her according to Ada. Her son tells her everything. Once they went upstairs i sat down with Ada and we began to chat and the topic of Diamond came up.
"Yeah shes a good kid according to Jeff the only thing is she gets in fights."
"Oh. Have she before?"
"Actually when i think about it. No. Ever since she moved to Maryland she has i think its her little boyfriend. C something." I took a drink of water. "Casper."
"Casper? Like that ghost movie what's it called?"
"Casper sweetheart."
"Oh okay."
"Who names their child Casper. Hopefully her and Darius can kick it off."
"Hopefully. He needs a girlfriend." She took a drink of her drink.
"Well ill talk to you later. Gotta go get furniture." We stood up, hugged and kissed each other on the cheek. "I will see you tomorrow at the brunch for Kathryn?"
"Yes of course."
"Diamond! Lets go."
"Bye Ada." Diamond said in a rush and rushed to the car.
"Bye Darius." I waved to him from the down stairs.
"Bye Ms. Love." I left and met Diamond at the car.
"Everything okay?" I said unlocking the car.
"Yeah." Diamond said getting in.
"If you say so."

Jeff
I got dressed and went to pick up Sam. She looked so beautiful.
"Thank you for doing this for me."
"Its nothing baby." I kissed her before opening the car door for her. She got in and i jogged to the other side and hopped in the car.
"If its nothing then how come you aint do it before." She said laughing.
The double date was quite nice. It felt good to be with Sam away from home and work.
"I had fun." I said driving back to her house.
"Good. Now was that so hard?"
"No." I said with a smile and we kissed.
"Walk me in?"
I parked the car behind hers and we walked inside. We spent the night doing grown up things i guess you can say.
"You dont have to keep us a secret any more. We've been together for so long for us to keep hiding."
"Yeah. I know."
"I think its time."
"I think so too." I smiled and she layed her head on my chest.