Chapter 6: A Fearful Encounter

With a bit of luck, I made it to the Forbidden Forest. Once in the forest, I sighed in pleasure as I could finally be me again. I transformed. I ran my tongue over my fangs and gazed at my white hair through my peripheral vision. Oh, how I missed this. 

I ran through the forest like a drunk child, taking in the sights and sounds. Periodically I would stop to smell the crisp night air in the hopes of picking up a Unicorn'sscent. Once I did, I followed it until I found the magnificent pure white creature. 

My blood was pumping in anticipation. I haven't had a kill in months and boy was I itching to sink my fangs into another living creature. I moved instinctively and before the unicorn could flee I punched, digging my fangs into its neck. It gave out an agonizing squeal and fell to the ground. The blood was as sweet as honey. Finally fresh blood straight from a living body instead of stale bottled blood. 

I continued to drink until I heard rustling leaves coming up the path in front of me. I looked up to see a horrified Ron and Harry staring back at me. No, no, no, no, this was terrible. I had blood all over me and was in my vampire form. 

"Do you remember reading what vampires look like in voyages with vampires?" Ron whispered in a shaky voice to Harry. I panicked and made things worse by transforming back. Now they could recognize me as a Hogwarts student. 

"Ron, Harry, It's just me," I said despite never once introducing myself to them this year. They looked as if they were about to scream so I ran over and covered both their mouths. "Shhhhhhh." I removed my hands.

"You're the American transfer student, Astrid Ikari," Harry said surprisingly calm.

"And a vampire!" Ron added, whimpering like a coward. "Harry we are going to die."

"You very well might if you tell anyone. No one is supposed to know." I flare my eyes and bare my fangs. "I won't tell anyone you snuck out of the castle under a curfew as long as you don't tell anyone what I am. Not even Hermione." I took a step closer. "And if you do tell, there will be no place on earth you could hide from me. I will find you and end you. Do you understand?"

They nodded timidly. I walked out of the forest but Ron and Harry went deeper into the forest. I sighed, that was close, I can only hope that they don't tell anyone, rumors spread through the school like wildfire.

Over the next few days, I kept a close eye on Ron and Harry, and when I wasn't doing that, I was studying for exams. With the new rules, I couldn't get Neville to tutor me so I was on my own. Draco also would not stop asking me what is going to happen next. The lies just kept piling up.

We were in the common room when Snape entered again, looking gloomier than usual. I didn't think that was possible. "Pack your belongings, tomorrow the train will take you all home. Hogwarts is closing."

"What, what's happened?" Several students shouted.

"A girl was taken into the chamber of secrets. The school has become too dangerous and will be closed effective immediately." He walked out.

"Something's happening," Draco whispered in my ear. "I want to help." His eyes glistened, I had no more excuses, I had to take him with me and probably tell him the truth. If the school closed, it wouldn't matter. My directions were to attend Hogwarts and not get discovered, well I had already been discovered and Hogwarts was closing.

"Fine." I took his hand and pulled him to the entrance. "Let's go." Before we left Pansy came up to us. I've just about had it with her.

"Where do you think you're going? And don't tell me it's to be alone with each other, I know you're not actually dating." She went to reach for her wand. I wasn't having this. I stepped forward and punched her in the face, knocking her out. Most of the Slytherins were preoccupied, the only person to notice was Blaise.