Chapter 19: Wait, You're not Fourteen?

I slept in late. Or so I thought. The whole dorm was deserted when I got up. In fact, the whole common room was deserted. It was only 8 am on a Saturday, no one should be out of bed, but I couldn't find a soul.

I could walk normally now and my arm felt much better. I got dressed and wrote my name and school on a slip of parchment and headed to the great hall to enter my name in the goblet of fire. It sounded dangerous and could give me a way to blow off some steam this year. 

When I approached the great hall I found, well everyone. This was the reason the common room was deserted, everyone was either entering their names or watching people enter while studying. I found Hermione reading and sitting with Ron and Harry. 

"Hey, mind if I sit?" I asked. To my surprise, Ron was the one who answered me.

"Yes Please. I saw Victor Krum sitting with your lot last night. Tell me, how was he." Ron was ecstatic. I sat down next to Hermione.

"He was very nice, frankly I think he had taken a liking to me." I could smell Ron's emotions. He was so excited to be hearing about his favorite celebrity and it made me smile. "But, I sort of have a thing with Zabini, so nothing will ever come of that. Plus he is not my type. I could put in a good word for you Ron. You seem to fancy him more than me." His face went completely red. To my right, I could smell something of affection whenever I mentioned Victor. Hermione must fancy him too. Just then Ron's brothers, Fred and George, along with their friend Lee came running into the Great hall. They leaned over on each side of Ron and Harry, smiling large idiotic smiles.

"One drop each..." Said Fred.

"...And you're looking at some seventeen-year-old wizards." Finished George while holding out a small vial smelling strongly of an aging potion.

"An aging potion," I stated.

"Very good little vampire." Said, George.

"Well do we smell seventeen now?" Asked Fred.

"I can't smell ages."

"Pity." They said together.

"This isn't going to work. The light line around the goblet is an age line. Dumbledore would have thought of aging potions as well." Hermione said without looking up from her book. They ignored her.

"Well then, ready Fred."

"Ready George."

Both of them ran to the Goblet and hopped across the line. In seconds a bolt of light pushed them back to the floor, and each grew long white beards similar to Dumbledore. The entire hall burst out laughing as Fred and George started to wrestle on the ground. I clutched my own slip of parchment and rose to my feet.

"What are you doing Astrid, you're not seventeen either." Hermione's concern was evident in her voice, so I gave her a reassuring smile. Before I approached the Goblet I approached the twins. They stopped wrestling long enough to stare at me.

"Watch and learn, little humans." I smiled and approached the age line. The entire hall seemed to stop breathing. All of them knew I was in my fourth year and that would make me fourteen.

I crossed the line and no beam of light shot me across the room. I reached my hand up and tossed the slip of parchment into the fire, leaving the circle beard free. Before I could walk back to the table a collective gasp filled the Great Hall as Victor Krum and a few other Drumstrnag came walking into place their names in the Goblet as well. I noticed Hermione glanced up from her book as well to watch him.

"Astrid, I trust you are feeling better today?" Victor approached me after he entered his name. I could feel the glares of almost every female in the room when he took my hand and kissed it like he did last night.