Chapter 24: The Yule Ball: Part 2

Astrid

I was crying over the railing in the Astronomy tower. Why had Draco done that, why? I was finally numbing my emotions and he had to reawaken them. If he could have said it. If he could have said he didn't care and loved me, I would have kissed him, hugged him, promised myself to him forever, but he couldn't. I heard footsteps running in this direction. My heart leaped for joy, it could be him.

"Draco?" I asked, way too hopeful, but with my emotions coming back in full force, I wanted more than anything for it to be with Draco.

"No, just me." Blaise emerged from the shadows where the staircase was. My shoulders slumped and I leaned over the railing again, wishing I had eaten something in the past month. Blaise came over and rubbed my shoulders, I leaned into him.

"I hate seeing him, I hate talking with him while we are not together. I want to be with him, but he can barely look at the real me." Blaise hugged me from behind, I shook with tears.

"Do you hate me?" I turned so I was facing him. We may be together, but I feel nothing, not a single emotion for Blaise.

"I don't love you," I said. Blaise grinned.

"I'm not looking for love." He leaned down and kissed me passionately.

I let him. A part of me wanted to kiss him and forget about everything that happened tonight. Maybe find some joy and happiness, but these kisses meant nothing. Blaise and I moved over to a nearby wall. His hands went to my hair, messing up the curls that took me so long to do. I kissed him back just as passionately. My emotions started to numb again.

This went on for a few minutes. I could accept this. That was until Blaise's hands went to the back of my dress, his fingers untying the bow that held my corset in place. The small voice of reason I have been suppressing screamed in my head. This went against my core set of morals, no sex before marriage. And I could smell his emotions. Lust.

I tried to push him off of me, but he slammed me back against the wall. I was too weak from lack of blood, so weak that a mortal could keep me pinned. Blaise continued to loosen my corset, his lips moving to my neck. I could bite him, but would I be expelled for that, given the circumstances? If I wanted to go back home I couldn't risk it.

"Stop, stop," I whispered, completely at the mercy of a human. I'd fallen so far. I closed my eyes, trying desperately to think of a way to get out of this. Blaise almost had my corset completely loosened. I tried to kick him, but my dress had too many layers. "Please, stop," I begged. Fear rising in my chest because at this rate Blaise will have his way with me.

"The lady said stop, you vulture." Draco came running towards us. He grabbed Blaise's collar, tearing him off of me, and spinning him around so Draco was in between me and Blaise. I slid down the wall and hugged my arms across my stomach, holding my corset up. Draco punched Blaise in the face, the scent of blood hit my nose. Blaise's lip was broken open, a bright red drop running down his chin, a stark contrast from his dark complexion. But I smelled two different blood types, Draco's knuckles had gotten torn open as well.

I covered my nose with one hand, no longer in control of my vampire side, my fangs grew and my eyes changed. I was so hungry but too traumatized to move. All I could do was wait to see how this would play out. Draco grabbed his wand, anger radiated off of him. Blaise wiped his lip off and snarled at Draco.

"She's not your concern anymore, Malfoy." His voice was rough, animal-like.

"I'm warning you, I will make your life a living hell if you touch her again." I could have cried. A mix of hate for being so weak, but of joy that Draco cared enough to come and protect me. I hugged my knees close to my chest.